GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A New Blockbuster Idea"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 22:13
Regular
How about we Brits make a film based on Pearl Harbor - but with a difference.

First we use British spellings "Pearl Harbour" to annoy the USA. Secondly, we place an army of British soldiers in the area of Pearl Harbour, and completely forget about the Americans and their involvement. Lets not even have any Americans in the film! Thirdly, we change the course of history, by saving the world by single handedly beating the Japanese! And while we are at it why doesn't the UK design the first hydrogen bomb and drop it on Hiroshima to end the war!

And in my film we forget totally about the USA and forget it had any involvement in the war whatsoever. Lets imagine it hasn't been founded yet!

And to add insult to injury lets add a Private Bryan in the film that some British soldiers can go to rescue. Hugh Grant would be an ideal actor for this part - oh and that Colin Firth! And lets take the mickey out of AMERICAN accents, since they do it to our accents all the time. Who speaks like Hugh Grant anyway?

Anyone who wants to help write this story, burn all your history books and forget everything you know about the war. Watch films like U571, Saving Private Ryan and other American war films to get an idea of what the war was "really" like. The US got the Enigma codes, and the US were involved heavily in the D-Day beach landing.

I think I'm on to a summer blockbuster here. Saving Private Ryan eat your heart out. I'm sure however I'd get some criticism from the Americans.. what do you think?
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:13
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
How about we Brits make a film based on Pearl Harbor - but with a difference.

First we use British spellings "Pearl Harbour" to annoy the USA. Secondly, we place an army of British soldiers in the area of Pearl Harbour, and completely forget about the Americans and their involvement. Lets not even have any Americans in the film! Thirdly, we change the course of history, by saving the world by single handedly beating the Japanese! And while we are at it why doesn't the UK design the first hydrogen bomb and drop it on Hiroshima to end the war!

And in my film we forget totally about the USA and forget it had any involvement in the war whatsoever. Lets imagine it hasn't been founded yet!

And to add insult to injury lets add a Private Bryan in the film that some British soldiers can go to rescue. Hugh Grant would be an ideal actor for this part - oh and that Colin Firth! And lets take the mickey out of AMERICAN accents, since they do it to our accents all the time. Who speaks like Hugh Grant anyway?

Anyone who wants to help write this story, burn all your history books and forget everything you know about the war. Watch films like U571, Saving Private Ryan and other American war films to get an idea of what the war was "really" like. The US got the Enigma codes, and the US were involved heavily in the D-Day beach landing.

I think I'm on to a summer blockbuster here. Saving Private Ryan eat your heart out. I'm sure however I'd get some criticism from the Americans.. what do you think?
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:37
Regular
"That's right!"
"hydrogen bomb"

The H bomb came after the A bomb

Anyway, you have a very good point, but whenever I've ranted about this kind of thing you've complained!

Talk about double standards ;)
Tue 05/02/02 at 09:20
"penguins in hawaii?"
How about this:
On the d-day landing, the Americans decide to call it p-day, because of their lard-*ss reputation, they would have to pee every 30 mins, which means the beach would be covered with urine and they would all get killed. Sorted...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.