GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scart included"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 21:58
Regular
Just thought this might be of interest. We lucky europeans are to have scart cables included with our gamecube consoles.
Check out
http://www.cube-europe.com/fullnews.cgi? newsid1012730539,60436,
(lose the space) for.. not much more, but it's confirmation.

So now instead of flicking a switch on a little box connecting a few wires, i have to unplug my dvd's scart cable, fumble around and try to plug in the cube's one, or buy an adaptor to let me plug everything in.
Some people are never happy...
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:58
Regular
Just thought this might be of interest. We lucky europeans are to have scart cables included with our gamecube consoles.
Check out
(lose the space) for.. not much more, but it's confirmation.

So now instead of flicking a switch on a little box connecting a few wires, i have to unplug my dvd's scart cable, fumble around and try to plug in the cube's one, or buy an adaptor to let me plug everything in.
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:08
Regular
Hmmmm, is this an RGB scart cable? or just a composite one like the PS2 one? Looks as though it is probably composite as Nintendo are selling a RGB cable seperatly.
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:09
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Solution: get a TV with 2 SCART sockets, like me. :D
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:09
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Or†ega wrote:
> Hmmmm, is this an RGB scart cable? or just a composite one like the PS2 one?

I can confirm it's the composite one. :)
Mon 04/02/02 at 23:05
all the jap/us ones have composite cable i dont think ninty have realeased an official scart cable.
Did you know that the n64 and gamecube have the same aerial connector so you can use your n64 rf modulator if you need to!
Tue 05/02/02 at 00:12
Regular
"That's right!"
Dr. Duck wrote:
> Just thought this might be of interest. We lucky europeans are to have scart
> cables included with our gamecube consoles.
Check
> out
(lose the
> space) for.. not much more, but it's confirmation.

So now instead of flicking
> a switch on a little box connecting a few wires, i have to unplug my dvd's scart
> cable, fumble around and try to plug in the cube's one, or buy an adaptor to let
> me plug everything in.

Why, don't we have scart leads anyway? What have we been using all these years? Magic wires?
Tue 05/02/02 at 01:28
Regular
Yes, magic analogue wires, or something. Unless we buy the non-magic scart ones seperately. Or kill the chief druid. : )
Tue 05/02/02 at 09:29
"penguins in hawaii?"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Solution: get a TV with 2 SCART sockets, like me. :D

that would solve so many problems....it is all clear now: ....new ....tv....must...buy...
Tue 05/02/02 at 18:56
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
ive always had my n64 pluged in using the rf mod , but ever since i plugged the scart in , the picture has never been the same, the colours are dull (even when i put the colour up) and the picture isn't as clear ! it was ment to make it look but damn it !

you can plug your snes or n64 tv lead into it , so theres no neeed for a new one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.