GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today I bought a..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 21:36
Regular
Well, it all started when I was playing Super Metroid on my PC last week and ended up getting completely sick of the game.

It's not that it's not a brilliant game, there's just a few niggles which led me to getting completely fed up with it:

Firstly, it takes ages load up, and half the time the sound doesn't work...
(Hang on a second, that's not the game's fault, that's down to my stupid PC and that useless Emulator...)

Also, the controls are a real mess...
(Wait, Keyboard controls - that'll be my PC again...)

I can't jump right while charging my laser...
(But I can jump left while charging my laser... it's that emulator again!)

It runs pretty slow... (PC's fault come to think of it...)
And whenever I go into a room with water/fog/anything-else-needing-transparency-effects, the entire screen turns back and I have to re-configure... that stupid useless emulator!

So today, (along with a sparkly new SAMS Learn C++ in 21 Days book.) I splashed out 20 pounds on a Snes.
It's set up in my room... but I have no games for it! :-D

Fortunately, a friend of mine has Metroid and Donkey Kong Country (it's very convenient that he just happens to have the two very best Snes games ever), but no Snes (the Snes belonged to his brother who sold it on).
So I'll soon have these gems in my possession.

What's more, I learned that in the market place (somewhere Leicester's City Centre), they have loads of games to sell which never cost more than 8 pounds!

The Gamecube's not released until May?

I can wait! :-)
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:36
Regular
Well, it all started when I was playing Super Metroid on my PC last week and ended up getting completely sick of the game.

It's not that it's not a brilliant game, there's just a few niggles which led me to getting completely fed up with it:

Firstly, it takes ages load up, and half the time the sound doesn't work...
(Hang on a second, that's not the game's fault, that's down to my stupid PC and that useless Emulator...)

Also, the controls are a real mess...
(Wait, Keyboard controls - that'll be my PC again...)

I can't jump right while charging my laser...
(But I can jump left while charging my laser... it's that emulator again!)

It runs pretty slow... (PC's fault come to think of it...)
And whenever I go into a room with water/fog/anything-else-needing-transparency-effects, the entire screen turns back and I have to re-configure... that stupid useless emulator!

So today, (along with a sparkly new SAMS Learn C++ in 21 Days book.) I splashed out 20 pounds on a Snes.
It's set up in my room... but I have no games for it! :-D

Fortunately, a friend of mine has Metroid and Donkey Kong Country (it's very convenient that he just happens to have the two very best Snes games ever), but no Snes (the Snes belonged to his brother who sold it on).
So I'll soon have these gems in my possession.

What's more, I learned that in the market place (somewhere Leicester's City Centre), they have loads of games to sell which never cost more than 8 pounds!

The Gamecube's not released until May?

I can wait! :-)
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:41
Im not sure but i think ive still got a super gameboy thingy
(play black and white gameboy games on your snes)
Ah it brings back memories.
Mario kart and a tv on the kitchen table wasn it hmmm
Freinds coming round to give it a bash at the two player..
gary linekar with is cheeky grin....
soz fast shows on tv.

Im gonna go through my cupboard tonight and post anything i find of interest.
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:41
Regular
"Back For Good"
Get any of the Mega Man X series now, they're class, oh and Mario world, mario all stars, Soccer Kid, Desert Strike and and *gets all excited*

I might buy one myself, I was more fond of my Amiga with a little thing called "Xcopy" but the Snes was terrific :-)
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:55
Regular
I'm getting Mario Advance 2 so I needn't bother with the wonderful Mario World. Mario All Stars is a possibility, even though I'm planning on getting Super Mario Brothers 3 as Mario Advance 3...

Megaman is worth a try but I'm REALLY looking out for Square RPG's, like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, UniRally, a Street Fighter game, Starfox and Zelda: A Link to the Past most of all.

If I can find a multitap with 3 cheap pads, I'll HAVE to get a Bomberman game...
The other instalments of the Donkey Kong Country series are also on my list.

But so long as I get my Metroid and DKC tomorrow, I needn't worry about the rest for a couple of weeks or so.

Retro gaming rules!
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:11
Regular
I'll be getting my copy of Mario advance 2 next week :)

I've got it on the Snes, but it will be extra special being able to play it anywhere I like!
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Strafex wrote:

Megaman is worth a try but I'm
> REALLY looking out for Square RPG's, like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger,
> UniRally, a Street Fighter game, Starfox and Zelda: A Link to the Past most of
> all.

You'll be lucky to find Chrono Trigger for less than £60!

:)
Tue 05/02/02 at 07:35
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
£20 for a SNES? That's a bit steep. I got one off a mate for a measly fiver! Only got Street Fighter 2 Turbo, at the moment, though. :(
Tue 05/02/02 at 09:21
"penguins in hawaii?"
i sold my SNES with two games to a mate for £50! Oh, and the games were really lame (Porky pigs holiday and looney toons!) He is so stupid..snigger...
Tue 05/02/02 at 18:34
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh at all you people who are now buying SNES's. I have mine upstairs :o)

Be it have broken control, but I still have one :oP
Tue 05/02/02 at 18:52
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i got mine for £4 at a carboot sale , the guy saw me looking at it , it had £5 marked on it , and he just instantly said i can have it for £4 ! and i got iss , and al the leads and stuff with it , and 2 controlers , but it was a big tatty , but works fine !
if you want cheap games just look on ebay , tons i say TONS !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.