GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smallville on E4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/08/07 at 15:00
"possibly impossible"
Why the hell have E4 waited until now (well, 4 weeks ago) to start showing the last series of Smallville? It can't be that much cheaper to show it a bit earlier.

The next series is on in the US already. E4 used to be only a few months behind the US schedules, but this year they've just ruined it for everyone, which means all the people with broadband got bored waiting and downloaded it all from torrent sites...

Good one, E4.
Thu 13/09/07 at 08:46
"possibly impossible"
True, and everyone else with a fast enough internet connection is doing the same. But due to the incompetence of the government and BT to roll out a half decent broadband service in this country, loads of people just haven't got a fast enough connection yet...
Thu 13/09/07 at 00:22
"cheerios"
The fact is that nowadays you can get a perfect quality streaming video of shows like these hours after they broadcast in america, and more and more people are starting to do that, what with abc and other companies offering free streams.

And the only reason people do this is because of the fact that shows like smallville are broadcasted in the uk a whole year later. If they did it a week later like they did with lost or 24 last season then internet piracy on these shows would definitely drop.

Because I don't know about you, but the fact that the show is readily available to me on the internet definitely means that i'm not waiting a year for the luxury of watching it on a slightly bigger tv screen.
Wed 22/08/07 at 10:06
"possibly impossible"
It's not even as if they have it very well advertised on their site. It's hidden away somewhere on a micro-site and even that isn't up-to-date.

Most of the forum members on their Smallville forums seem to be torrenting it too, in protest.
Tue 21/08/07 at 22:54
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, E4 really dropped the ball. I didn't even know the series had started on E4 until the 3rd episode. Fortunately I had already seen the first episode online and so just downloaded the 2nd one.

If we have to wait a similar amount of time for the next season, I might just forget E4 completely. That's if they have the rights to the next series.
Tue 21/08/07 at 15:00
"possibly impossible"
Why the hell have E4 waited until now (well, 4 weeks ago) to start showing the last series of Smallville? It can't be that much cheaper to show it a bit earlier.

The next series is on in the US already. E4 used to be only a few months behind the US schedules, but this year they've just ruined it for everyone, which means all the people with broadband got bored waiting and downloaded it all from torrent sites...

Good one, E4.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.