GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future of Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/12/02 at 20:05
Regular
Okay, dose gaming really have a future? What I'm talking about is this; gaming might not have a future because of the conflict in gameing, the main one now being between Playstation 2, Xbox and Gamecube. If they keep arguing who's is the best instead of working on their consoles then what will happen will be that the gaming industried will just collapse.
Think back to when Sony and Nintendo (Playstation and N64) werefighting over who was the best. What happened? They kept arguing with each other and then Sega came along with a Dreamcast and it sold millions! Why? Because they had no conflict with anyone back then!
Games will strat to be plain bad! The three are begging companies to make sequals for their consoles that were originally intended for another! For example, remeber Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear solid 2? Both out for Sony, and now it's rumoured that Metal Gear Solid 3 will be released for Microsoft! Why? Two reasons why not:
1. People with Xbox's will not know the story of Metal Gear Solid so far.
2. People with Playstation 2's will not get to know what happens next
The result? Nobody will buy the game! If you ask me, the future of gameing is currentley going downhill because of Conflict, what I say to them is this.
Pay attention to your console and nobody else's and you'll make more money! Don't you see what your doing?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 31/12/02 at 20:05
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Okay, dose gaming really have a future? What I'm talking about is this; gaming might not have a future because of the conflict in gameing, the main one now being between Playstation 2, Xbox and Gamecube. If they keep arguing who's is the best instead of working on their consoles then what will happen will be that the gaming industried will just collapse.
Think back to when Sony and Nintendo (Playstation and N64) werefighting over who was the best. What happened? They kept arguing with each other and then Sega came along with a Dreamcast and it sold millions! Why? Because they had no conflict with anyone back then!
Games will strat to be plain bad! The three are begging companies to make sequals for their consoles that were originally intended for another! For example, remeber Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear solid 2? Both out for Sony, and now it's rumoured that Metal Gear Solid 3 will be released for Microsoft! Why? Two reasons why not:
1. People with Xbox's will not know the story of Metal Gear Solid so far.
2. People with Playstation 2's will not get to know what happens next
The result? Nobody will buy the game! If you ask me, the future of gameing is currentley going downhill because of Conflict, what I say to them is this.
Pay attention to your console and nobody else's and you'll make more money! Don't you see what your doing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.