GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hail: Ruud Van Nistelrooy!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 18:52
Regular
Well, what can i say about this player, People are saying he's the best Striker Signing since Eric Cantona! Here's some stats on Van Nistelrooy:

Birthplace:
Oss, Holland, 1 July 1976
Height:
188cm - 6ft 2in
Weight:
79.37kg - 12st 7lb
Full International:
Holland (16 caps, 7 goals)
Position:
Forward
Squad Number:
Debut:
Appearances (2001-2002):
Goals so fat this season:

These stats are for his season at Man United. Now im going to tell you about his Career in Football. Ruud Van Nistelrooy began his playing career with FC Den Bosch in the Dutch Second Division in the 1993/94 season. After four seasons in the lower Leagues, he was bought by top flight club Heerenveen in 1997, and went on to score 13 goals in 30 appearances in 1997/98.

His strike rate caught the eye of PSV Eindhoven who swooped for the striker, signing him on his 22nd birthday in 1998 for £4.2 million, a record between two Dutch clubs.

After scoring his first goal for PSV against Heerenveen, Ruud he ended his first season in Eindhoven, 1998/99, as top scorer in the Dutch League with 31 goals. He made his international debut on 18 November 1998 in a 1-1 draw with Germany, and finished second in the European Golden Boot rankings. Not surprisingly, he was voted Dutch Player of the Year by his fellow professionals.

After having scored 29 goals in 1999/2000, Ruud picked up a knee injury in a friendly against Silkeborg on 6 March 2000. The next month, a proposed move to Manchester United fell through because he could not complete a medical at United, causing the deal to be postponed.

Days later, he collapsed in training with PSV Eindhoven and damaged his cruciate ligament. His season was over, but he was still voted Dutch player of the year for the second successive term by his colleagues, and again finished runner-up in the European Golden Boot charts.

After a year of rehabilitation, Ruud made his comeback by scoring twice in a Reserve match against Sparta Rotterdam on 1 March 2001. His first team return came two days later, as a substitute against Roda JC.

Ruud finally signed for Manchester United on 23 April 2001, almost exactly twelve months to the day after his original move to Old Trafford had collapsed.

Two days after setting a British record with his £19 million transfer to United, Ruud scored for Holland when he came on as substitute in their 4-0 win over Cyprus.

Now onto his season at Man United. Ruud began his first game in a big one, the English Charity shield against Liverpool. Van Nistelrooy ran onto the pitch and got a great reception from the crowd, Van Nistelrooy then repaid the compliment and scored on his debut! Sadly Man United lost 3-1 but this was a sign of things to come from the Dutchman.

Then his first Premiership appeareance against Fulham, Van Nistelrooy was obviously on top form as he helped himself to 2 goals and Man United went on to win the game 3-2.

Now were in February and that Goal Scoring hunger is still with Van Nistelrooy as he has scored 27 goals, in 32 games. This is a great Goal Scoring rate and is consistant at keeping it that way and i think this could go on all through the rest of his Career....

Thanks for Reading,
Scott
Thu 28/02/02 at 16:44
Regular
"Great Scott's"
I am gutted that he will not be in the World Cup this year. But I got over it when I knew the Republic of Ireland are going instead.
Wed 27/02/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I rated him at PSV, as thanks to Eurosport, I had seen him play for both club and country, and I was very impressed!
I was also very dissapointed when I realised I wasn't gunna see him play in Euro 2000.
Tue 26/02/02 at 21:01
Regular
look face it. who actually rated ruud when he was at psv. the only reason for his success at united is his fantastic service from your midfielders.

ruud is a mediocre striker playing in a world class team

i rest my case
Sun 24/02/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I never feared it would be that serious for Ruud, I always had a feeling he'd be back soon.
I was very dissapointed that his first attempt of a move fell through, and I was angry with PSV as I felt that they'd worked him too hard when they new he was experiencing pain in his knees!

But i'm delighted he was finally able to sign, and I never thought he'd re-capture his form so quickly!!
I thought he'd have to keep working hard, and if he was lucky enough, he'd be playing well again about now!
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Ruud is already one of the great strikers. Although when he damaged his cruciate ligament, i feared that he may follow Marco Van Basten and be one greats and get so badly injured that he would never play professional footie again.

But thanks Doctors and Physio's, Ruud will become one of the all time greats, as long as he doesn't suffer anymore bad injuries.
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
He may be a great goal-scorer, but he's also a great celebrator too!! Did you see him yesterfay?? He tried to slide on his knees, but as it's a newly lyed pitch, he just kinda bounce and fell over, LOL!!

But he seriously could've damaged his knee again though!
But i'm glad he didn't :)
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:04
Regular
Football God i posted this on the 4/2/2002 so up to then the stats was right. Now of course he has scored more since then.
Sat 23/02/02 at 15:37
Regular
Ruud is a legend. Pure and Simple. (and no, I don't like Hear'say)
Sat 23/02/02 at 14:54
Goals so faT this season?Scott Giles you've made a mistake.
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, the 'of Hesselink' part makes him sound like a king!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.