GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google Checkout and eBay"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/07/06 at 15:52
Regular
I don't know whether we can use Google Checkout yet, I tried signing up for it but it seems to only want Americans at the moment :/

Does anyone knows if we'll be able to use it to accept payment on eBay and whether we can use it to transfer money between people, instead of just commercial websites.

Cheers
Tue 25/07/06 at 17:56
Regular
oh they banned it :/ Google gets a lot of ads from eBay dont they? Unless they go off to someone else like Yahoo or MSN.

Maybe other auction sites will promote Google Checkout. Probably not Yahoo! auctions though :/
Tue 25/07/06 at 17:06
Regular
Garin wrote:
> And given that Ebay own
> Paypal, I doubt they'll be in any rush to lift the ban.

Yes, I think that Ebay must make a lot of money from Paypal. They can't stop you using it as a payment method in the longer term - as long as you receive the money you send the item, no different to a bank transfer.

Jo
Tue 25/07/06 at 16:35
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Does anyone knows if we'll be able to use it to accept payment
> on eBay and whether we can use it to transfer money between
> people, instead of just commercial websites.

For the moment its aimed at merchant websites only.
Ebay have already banned it stating that they wont support payment services that have no track record. Bottom line if you have it as a payment method on your listings, you risk Ebay removing the listing/banning you etc.. And given that Ebay own Paypal, I doubt they'll be in any rush to lift the ban.
Tue 25/07/06 at 15:52
Regular
I don't know whether we can use Google Checkout yet, I tried signing up for it but it seems to only want Americans at the moment :/

Does anyone knows if we'll be able to use it to accept payment on eBay and whether we can use it to transfer money between people, instead of just commercial websites.

Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.