GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 vs. X-Box"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 18:15
Regular
I was in Game today and I played Halo for X - Box. I think it was better than any other PS2 game I have played. But I own a PS2, should I trade it in and pre - order a X - Box? Or can you tell me a game that beats X - Box's Halo?
Thu 07/02/02 at 12:03
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Geffdof wrote:
> Ive not played halo so i cant tell you
> what is better than it but there are loads of quality ps2 titles compared to 1
> xbox title. MGS2 DMC Tony Hawks 3 GTA3 FFX/I and far more to come..

Tony Hawks 3 is on X-Box and will include an extra character and a new level, aswell as other new features. X-Box has alot of PS2 conversions, so its whether you want GT3 or Project Gotham. Halo or MGS2 e.t.c.
Wed 06/02/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
I think the X-box will be like the N64, the only game that anyone really played on i was GoldenEye. On the X-box it will be Halo. But PS2 and GameCube will sell alot more than it in the long run.
Wed 06/02/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Geffdof wrote:
Xbox isnt fully
> established, it may crash and burn like the DreamCast.

But I've got a burnt Playstation 2 !

(The fan failed and when I switched it on a whisp of smoke started coming from the back, and it smells real bad)
Wed 06/02/02 at 19:29
Regular
"lets go back"
dont spend over £300 for one game. Ive not played halo so i cant tell you what is better than it but there are loads of quality ps2 titles compared to 1 xbox title. MGS2 DMC Tony Hawks 3 GTA3 FFX/I and far more to come. seen as u have a ps2 stick with it. its already an established name. Xbox isnt fully established, it may crash and burn like the DreamCast.
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:48
Super Bomber man beats Halo. But only in multi-player mode.

On the PS2, well it depends what you're into, if you hate FPS but lurve driving games, then GT3. But then I don't stand by that GT3 was yawnful. Xbox is undoubtedly the more powerful machine and if the selection of games on offer proves to be far superior to that of the PS2 then I'll have to have a re-think. As it stands though, I like what I've seen and what is in store for the PS2.

Halo rocks, no doubt about it. But I'm not going to buy a console based on the promise of one game. The N64 and Goldeneye already pulled that wool.
Yes, there are other games that look quite tasty for the Xbox, but again N64 had lots of games that I thought would be great. I seem to remember thinking "woohoo, yay N64" when I saw previews of a game called "Earthbound 64" a game that we, of course, never saw. Then others that I thought Yay, I made a good choice in this console! And then they were "Bomberman Hero" - which failed to live up to the quality of the Snes version.

Ok, so Zelda arrived and I was emmensley chuffed. As I was with Perfect Tart and Zelda: MM. But 4 games ain't enough.

PS2 has a fair amount of promise. MGS2, FF10, Rez, all just around the corner. And a bag of other sweeties further down the line.
I like what Sony did with the PS1, so I'm going to carry on riding on the PS2 line, until one of the other main contenders offers me a better trip.

In an ideal world, I'd have a shirt load of money and all 3 consoles, but for the time being I'll stick with what offers me the widest selection of games that I'll enjoy.
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:15
I was in Game today and I played Halo for X - Box. I think it was better than any other PS2 game I have played. But I own a PS2, should I trade it in and pre - order a X - Box? Or can you tell me a game that beats X - Box's Halo?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.