GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thank You BT!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 18:05
Regular
I was just reading the paper (yes, laugh!) and BT have announced that starting soon, they are planning to halve the cost of ADSL internet access! This is a great move by BT, and they should get a lot more customers. If under £20, I am definately going to be buying this. Hats off to BT for this great move!

Did you know that Germany have the most people connected to high-speed internet?
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:08
Regular
"Touched!"
I have just got NTL broardband and its great! well worth it!! and because my parents got our second line cut off which was previously used for Dial-up through NTL-World, we get it for only £10 a month, great deal!
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:00
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tyla wrote:
> Mr. Furby wrote:
> plus they will probably charge a huge lump for installing
> the digital line

It's actually the box and the switch over, but currently its
> £150!!

Still, I don't think its anyway near worth it. BT are a terrible company... terrible.
Tue 05/02/02 at 10:50
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Mr. Furby wrote:
> plus they will probably charge a huge lump for installing the digital line

It's actually the box and the switch over, but currently its £150!!
Tue 05/02/02 at 10:49
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cookie monster wrote:
> The prices may be cut, but they have very few areas where ADSL will be available.

You need to live within 5.5km of a BT exchange...
Tue 05/02/02 at 09:02
Regular
"Tag as above"
Mr. Furby wrote:

If the engineer comes to do it all he does is replace the faceplate on your telephone socket with on that has two sockets, one for phone and one for ADSL.

BT also do a DIY version of the install, which basically consists of a box you plug into you phone socket yourself which then gives you the two sockets as above.

Everything else is done at the exchange.
Tue 05/02/02 at 02:18
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> NTL has free internet access. Muah!

For me anyhow.

not for long,you/your parents will have to start paying £5 a month to get free access..looks like its time to sign up to broadband
Tue 05/02/02 at 01:00
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Mr. Furby wrote:

ADSL doesn't use a digital line. it uses your standard bit of string that BT layed there many many years ago.

digital ADSL is a dream but it does exsist :)
Mon 04/02/02 at 20:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
NTL has free internet access. Muah!

For me anyhow.
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:58
plus they will probably charge a huge lump for installing the digital line
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The prices may be cut, but they have very few areas where ADSL will be available.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.