GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Coverted!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 17:04
Regular
Today my friend was talking to me and said should I get an Xbox! Of course I said no and got a detention for talking all through assembly. I egged him on to get a Gamecube and he is. Gaming heaven!

I had this sudden urge to smack him in the face when he said Xbox... but I figured he's neutral and has no idea about what he should do with his gaming life he has had no-one directing him. He is know Ninty 4ever.

I explained to him about the graphics, how the Xbox was gonna be so expensive and that he would get a choice of 20+ games on launch day. I also told him Microsoft are beginners in the console making buisness and Ninty are proffesionals. A genius designs most of Ninty's characters. Ninty have their own personalised characters. Xbox don't have these. I told him Shigsy is also a designer who can get his inspiration from anywhere and he is always devoted to his work (unless he's gardening).

All in all I had the experience or converting a neutral person into a clan of survivors. I told him the advantages of Ninty and the disadvantages of Microsoft.

I then got a bit carried away and started talking about the handhelds from heaven, how the GBA is gonna link up to the GC and how Sega have characters pouring onto the glorious GC! I told him the price and Ninty's brain for knacks. If u think it's time for Ninty to bring out another invention to aid your gameplaying... they do.

The feel and comfort of Ninty's controllers is always top notch. Ninty listen to what their customers want and not act like sheep when it comes to the lastest idea. They invent their own version. If Ninty carry on like this into the future they will rule the world. My friend is now gonna get a GBA and GC.

I feel envigorated to have done this and will do it again for the benifit of the not believers out in that big darn world.

Nuff said really!

WW
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:04
Regular
""
Today my friend was talking to me and said should I get an Xbox! Of course I said no and got a detention for talking all through assembly. I egged him on to get a Gamecube and he is. Gaming heaven!

I had this sudden urge to smack him in the face when he said Xbox... but I figured he's neutral and has no idea about what he should do with his gaming life he has had no-one directing him. He is know Ninty 4ever.

I explained to him about the graphics, how the Xbox was gonna be so expensive and that he would get a choice of 20+ games on launch day. I also told him Microsoft are beginners in the console making buisness and Ninty are proffesionals. A genius designs most of Ninty's characters. Ninty have their own personalised characters. Xbox don't have these. I told him Shigsy is also a designer who can get his inspiration from anywhere and he is always devoted to his work (unless he's gardening).

All in all I had the experience or converting a neutral person into a clan of survivors. I told him the advantages of Ninty and the disadvantages of Microsoft.

I then got a bit carried away and started talking about the handhelds from heaven, how the GBA is gonna link up to the GC and how Sega have characters pouring onto the glorious GC! I told him the price and Ninty's brain for knacks. If u think it's time for Ninty to bring out another invention to aid your gameplaying... they do.

The feel and comfort of Ninty's controllers is always top notch. Ninty listen to what their customers want and not act like sheep when it comes to the lastest idea. They invent their own version. If Ninty carry on like this into the future they will rule the world. My friend is now gonna get a GBA and GC.

I feel envigorated to have done this and will do it again for the benifit of the not believers out in that big darn world.

Nuff said really!

WW
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It seems that i'm the only one in my year getting a GameCube, ONLY! I know one other person who wants one, but he's also very tempted to blow £300+ on an X-box. Everyone at my school has a PS2, but I don't see why??
I told him to get a Cube, and maybe an X-box at x-mas (when the price will have dropped) but he still seems more content on a Box (even though he originally said he'd get a GC!

So to some it up, everyone at my school sucks!! They all love their PS2's, PC's and consoe power, without actually looking for the best games! Surely you'll be happy enough with JUST a GameCube! I know I will! I've been laughed at non-stop for the past few weeks, just cuz i'm getting a GameCube, and not a PS2 or G-Force 3 graphics card!!
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:15
Regular
""
The title isn't meant to be coverted it's meant to be CONVERTED! Soz about that.

You're right Solzaer! Nothing would ever make me chang my mind about getting a GC not even if someone shot *Boom*...
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:17
Regular
""
I'm alright don't worry about me! * slips on a puddle of blood and smacks his head* anywa..y ab..out 5.. of m..y fri..e.nd..s wer..e gett..in..g a GB..A but ..did...n't! OOOOOH! *Collapses on a heap on the floor*
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:41
Regular
The majority of people in my year dont like gaming, theres me and about 3 'casual' gamers who have PS2's
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:41
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
same here , everyone wants or has a ps2 , and i can only think of 2 other peopld who want one , i try to explain why gamecube is better , but they just look at the stats see the gamecube is weeker on paper and just argue with me .... when ive got rouge leader playing away on my tv in 3 weeks time , then they'll see whos right !
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:47
"penguins in hawaii?"
yeah, and we can laugh in their faces and say, "Hah, we told you so" Gamecube rocks!
Mon 04/02/02 at 21:53
I would post somehting here pro-Cube and negative xbox but people dont seem to like you having an opinion.
(eyes the hedgehog in the corner who looks at me with hatefilled eyes :)
I think that what youve said is right teh uneducated gamer sees microsoft and the publicity and the brave if not slightly false 'X-box most powerfull console ever' statement and its price tag and thinks oh thats got to be the best if they can say that and charge that much (pyschological pricing i.e if coke lowered there price youd wonder what theyve taken out in order to do so wouldnt you eh???)
Where as those of us who know what nintendo can do
even with flops such as the 64 (goldeneye, zelda and anything else worth a mention) know that cube will be good and a year down the line when your mate keeps coming round to play on your cube even though hes got a box or a ps2 you can have this secret little sly smile out of the side of your mouth kinda like this :)

keep up the good work
1 down 1.3 million to go
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:01
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
*In Hannibal Lecter voice*
Hello Davey

Anyway, in response to the original post and Solskjar...

What's so great about getting people to buy the GC? I will certainly get one myself because I LIKE THE GAMES. However, if people asked me what console they should buy, I base it on the games THEY LIKE.

You see Solskjar, the main reason most people in your school have PS2s is because the games on the console appeal to them. They want realistic racers like GT3, and action games like GTA. They *shock* may not want the original games like pikmin- ever noticed that original games sell less simply because they appeal to less people.

Sonic
Mon 04/02/02 at 22:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Solskjær_24 wrote:

So to some it up, everyone at my school sucks!! They all love their
> PS2's, PC's and consoe power, without actually looking for the best games!

So basicly your saying that the rest of us have a stupid opinion and that we cant decide what games are the best for us ourselfs? Do you not get that we might not like the same games as you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.