GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Way Outta there.............splinter cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 13:14
Regular
Howdy,
Firstly...what a great game, "stealth" with a capital S.
But right now, or for the last day or so.....I'm stuck in a room with no apparent way out. I'm on the chinese embassy level (2nd time), and have entered the embassy via the upper level. I have dropped down into a room, 1 door has a keypad which is blocked by a mop and bucket! the other door is jammed and there is no other way out.....I have fragged the life outta this room and even looked under the jammed door but there is a turret on the other side. Any ideas please gamers?????
Fri 03/01/03 at 22:28
Regular
Ah.. this reminds me of Goldeneye. Remember shooting a guard, while the guy a few centimetres away continues as normal? :)
Fri 03/01/03 at 22:05
"High polygon count"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Hang on.. you're a highly trained infiltration unit, and you can't
> move a mop and bucket out of the way to access a keypad?

:-)

That's where games always let you down! There was a feature in a PS2 mag ages ago about the "realism" in games. One particularly amusing point was about Resident Evil - you have a grenade launcher, but can't get through a locked door! Hello?!

Similarly daft in Splinter Cell - I shot a guard dog on the first Chinese Embassy level, and the guy patrolling with it didn't bat an eyelid! I love the game, but I can't help wondering why they didn't put as much effort into the AI as they did with the fancy lighting.
Fri 03/01/03 at 21:57
Regular
What? Maverick it is part of the game to through the pipe system and the Keypad isn't any good anyway because you don't have the code for it and you come to that part later on!
Fri 03/01/03 at 20:04
Regular
Hang on.. you're a highly trained infiltration unit, and you can't move a mop and bucket out of the way to access a keypad?
Wed 01/01/03 at 14:06
Regular
As you land on the bed go straight forward and head into the open room in front of you. From here go into the broken area on the wall with all the pipes and press the white button to put Sam's back against the wall. Equip the night vision and head all the way to the end until you can stand normal once again. From here drop down the pipe directly in front of you and do the same here again against the wall. About 1 sixteenth into the wall the music should kick in and 3 of the enemies will be smashing up computers. Make sure you take them all out, I found it best to kill the one nearest you once at the end of the wall and then fire a smoke bomb of the wall and into the other half of the room. It took a while to do this area without being shot so if you are playing the game like I did have some patience to stick with it.

Hope thsi helps!
Wed 01/01/03 at 13:14
Regular
Howdy,
Firstly...what a great game, "stealth" with a capital S.
But right now, or for the last day or so.....I'm stuck in a room with no apparent way out. I'm on the chinese embassy level (2nd time), and have entered the embassy via the upper level. I have dropped down into a room, 1 door has a keypad which is blocked by a mop and bucket! the other door is jammed and there is no other way out.....I have fragged the life outta this room and even looked under the jammed door but there is a turret on the other side. Any ideas please gamers?????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.