GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Insult Word Hall of Fame"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/08/07 at 06:56
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Fond as I am of hurling insults at the slightest provocation, and seeing as how tame and family-friendly these forums appear to be at present, I thought I'd start a nice happy happy thread for people to swap and share their favourite words for use in anti-social verbal barrages (keep it clean though, eh?).

A couple of my old faithfuls to kick it off:

Cretin: a stupid, obtuse, or mentally defective person
- from Cretinism - a congenital disease characterized by physical deformity, dwarfism, and mental retardation

Philistine: a person who is lacking in cultural values, intellectual pursuits, aesthetic refinement, etc. An uncultured moron.

So go on, add your greats, I'll add a few more of mine, and together, we'll build an insult Hall of Fame, right here.
Tue 21/08/07 at 06:56
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Fond as I am of hurling insults at the slightest provocation, and seeing as how tame and family-friendly these forums appear to be at present, I thought I'd start a nice happy happy thread for people to swap and share their favourite words for use in anti-social verbal barrages (keep it clean though, eh?).

A couple of my old faithfuls to kick it off:

Cretin: a stupid, obtuse, or mentally defective person
- from Cretinism - a congenital disease characterized by physical deformity, dwarfism, and mental retardation

Philistine: a person who is lacking in cultural values, intellectual pursuits, aesthetic refinement, etc. An uncultured moron.

So go on, add your greats, I'll add a few more of mine, and together, we'll build an insult Hall of Fame, right here.
Tue 21/08/07 at 13:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
"cretin" is indeed fantastic

i like "chump" at the moment as well.
Tue 21/08/07 at 13:59
Regular
Fugly (adjective) - Someone who takes ugly to the next level.
Wed 22/08/07 at 22:10
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I sense a distinct lack of imagination here.

Another one for the mix:

Buffoon - A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool

Often used in combination with 'witless' i.e a witless buffoon

EDIT: In fact, point of note, I believe that Stephen Donaldson actually included the phrase 'witless buffoonery' in one of the Covenant books...
Wed 22/08/07 at 22:18
Regular
Twerp - An insignificant but arrogant and obnoxious young person
Thu 23/08/07 at 14:40
"nope"
...when i shared living quarters with a French woman she used to refer to me as being a cabbage
Thu 23/08/07 at 15:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I quite like saying Insufferable Simpleton at the moment. Yeah, 2 words - so it's more of a good phrase!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.