GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"blue disc error conspiracy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 16:37
Regular
Im sure im not the only one here having problems with their PS2 loading blue discs. Mine wont load them at all any more, or PS1 games or CDs. This means i cant play 4 player virtua tennis any more and that makes me angry!!!

Does anyone know how to fix this? Ive tried CD lens cleaners which dont work. Ive even tried opening the PS2 itself!!! If i have to buy a new one can i trade it in???

i know im not the only one with this problem, infact there are loads. It seems to be the ones who have had a PS2 since release when sony used cheap lazers. Im going to play my gamecube from now on, it actually "LOADS" my games.
Wed 01/01/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Im sure im not the only one here having problems with their PS2 loading blue discs. Mine wont load them at all any more, or PS1 games or CDs. This means i cant play 4 player virtua tennis any more and that makes me angry!!!

Does anyone know how to fix this? Ive tried CD lens cleaners which dont work. Ive even tried opening the PS2 itself!!! If i have to buy a new one can i trade it in???

i know im not the only one with this problem, infact there are loads. It seems to be the ones who have had a PS2 since release when sony used cheap lazers. Im going to play my gamecube from now on, it actually "LOADS" my games.
Wed 01/01/03 at 17:56
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Puddleface wrote:
Ive even tried opening the PS2 itself!!!

Why the funk did you do that?
Wed 01/01/03 at 18:00
"High polygon count"
Puddleface wrote:
> It seems to be the ones who have had a PS2 since release when sony
> used cheap lazers.

No, my launch machine still works fine, whatever I put in it.
Wed 01/01/03 at 20:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If you haven't opened you're PS2, then why not try contacting Sony and go about getting a replacement?
Thu 02/01/03 at 03:23
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Puddle, you do know that most sane people would have simply checked the discs, cleaned the lens, and then phoned Sony. Sony would have then told you to go back to where you bought it from, with receipt, and they would have given you a brand new one.

By opening the console (or even tampering with its case) you have invalidated any of Sony's warranties or responsibilities to fix it.

Sonic
Thu 02/01/03 at 07:30
Regular
"size does matter"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> No, my launch machine still works fine, whatever I put in it.

same here. even video cassettes play fine.
Sat 04/01/03 at 10:26
I personally have gone through 6 to 7 PS2 since launch and the problem with the machien not playing blue disc did arise on about my sixth PS2. But i have never resorted to opening the console up. I mearlly do as sonic says and clean the disc and the lens, then phone sony. Who when i have phoned have had a very good customer service center and have replased my PS2 within a couple of days. Firstly with reconditioned units but as im a persistant customer now with brand new machines with a full 12 mounthes garaneted.

I have to say that it is disopinting that the PS2 does seam to be shoddely put togeter in my experience (or i am damn unlucky). But sony make up for this shortcoming by being very heplfull and prompt with replasement units and also (when working) having a good console with good tilles to play on it.
Sat 04/01/03 at 10:43
I have personally gone through 6 to 7 PS2 since its launch. I had the blue disc problem on about my sixth PS2. But i have never resorted to opening it. I have just as sonic states checked the discs, cleaned the lens then made a phone call to Sony. Who have been very plesent and have replaced my unit within a couple of days. At first with reconditoned one, but as im a persistent custemer then with brand new ones with a 12 month guarantee. In fact my PS2 is still under guarantee thanks to sony.

But it is disapointing that the PS2 does seam to be shoderly manufactured (or am i extremelly unlucky)but they do make up tor this by having a very good after sales service. Plus the PS2 (when it works) is a good console with some great grade A tiles.
Sat 04/01/03 at 10:45
Sorry about posting near identicle messages. The first one did not seam to appear after i posted it.
Sat 04/01/03 at 11:12
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> No, my launch machine still works fine, whatever I put in it.

Yep I'll second that, got mine launch day and it's still working fine thanks....infact I'm playing WRC II on it at the moment :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.