GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Talks Over The Rocks Future!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 15:38
Regular
From Sky.com

More talks are taking place between the UK and Spain over the future ownership of the colony of Gibraltar.

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, who has insisted there is "no question" of handing it over, is meeting his Spanish counterpart, Josep Pique, in London.

However he has also said the the status quo could not continue. In an article for the Gibraltar Chronicle, he indicated that he believed a framework for the colony's future could be reached with Spain.

Any agreement would be greatly to the advantage of the citizens of the Rock, he insisted. And he urged Gibraltar chief minister Peter Caruana to drop his refusal to take part in the talks, promising that no changes would be imposed without a referendum.

The Gibraltar government has insisted it does not want to be presented with a fully worked-out plan by London and Madrid which it can either accept or reject.

Citizens of the colony are angry that the talks are taking place and worried that an agreement will be reached which they do not want.

Owen Smith, of the London Gibraltarian Society, said: "The Labour Government is ignoring the democratic rights of 30,000 British citizens who live on Gibraltar.

"Our future as British citizens and Gibraltarians is being bartered away by the Government in their opportunistic pursuit of Spanish support in the EU. Never has the future of Gibraltar been more at risk than under the Labour Government."

;-)
Tue 05/02/02 at 17:59
Regular
"Guess who..."
freak
Tue 05/02/02 at 08:52
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I thought the title would get you lot excited.
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Guess who..."
Please explain thi whole topic to me IN ENGLISH!! AGGGHH!!
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:34
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
OH MAN! Whew...can't type through the tears of laughter rolling down onto my keyboard!

You, like, said it as if The Rock from the WWF might be leaving...but posted a retarded topic about Gibraltar which has no relevance to this board and is just spam! YOU ARE A COMEDIC GOD!
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:18
Regular
Grr now i have typed *Spelling" wrong. Oh well posts in this topic will go up a bit.
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:17
Regular
sorry about my speeling there :D *Moving*
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:16
Regular
er....right movung swiftly on.
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Apparently only 3% (or 300 people, I can't emember which) of the population of Gibralter wanted to join Spain, so it looks like the future of the Rock is safe.
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hmmmmmmmmmm....
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:36
Regular
"Guess who..."
What in the blue hell are you talking about you freak?!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.