GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"quick sega GT question."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sega GT'.
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:19
Regular
Hey people, been playing sega GT quite a bit (well over 24 hours of gameplay now when last saved LOL) but what i wanna know is how do you win the special prize in the event race as i seemed to of one some buy luck but i dunno what you actually have to do to get them as the manual that came with it (the whole of 2 pages) doesn't say.

any help?
Wed 08/01/03 at 16:50
you have to use a turbo charged car as well and go stright to the used parts otherwise it dissappears, it works i done it, to use it i think you hit the yellow button when it shows a little nitros can near the rev counter.

also get a caterham, there 234bhp or so tuned but they weigh nothing and corner well good, got through all the official races and completed the official races with it ;)
Wed 08/01/03 at 00:17
Regular
"How Handy."
To get the nitrus you need to enter a drag race on a day ending in 5, lose the race, then go to the Used Parts section and scroll to the far right. There's a new section with a ??? logo.
Tue 07/01/03 at 23:42
Regular
Anyone know what the relevance is of the car which sits at the side of one of tracks. Cant remember the name of the track but ive heard that you get a picture of it for your garage then you unlock it. Havnt actually tried it yet cos it says my garage is full.

Also ive read that if you lose a race on a day ending in 5... day 15, day 35 day 105 etc, you will be able to buy a nitro boost from the used parts shop on the 6th day. (next day) ive tried this a couple of times but it aint given me one.

Whats everyones fastest time on the drag race? I managed 8.180 with the gt 40 concept (no nitro). My mate told be a well good tip. What he says is to select your car, select the drag race and choose manual. Then while the clock counts down 3! 2! 1! change upto top gear (5th or 6th) then accelerate in top until about 90 kph, then switch down to 3rd and blip it the rest of the way. i managed to scrap off about half a second using it. Anyone got any homegrown tips they wanna share?

My favorate cars:

For fastest lap time - Ford GT40 concept.
For best cornering - Lotus elise or exige.
For corner style - Evolution 6 tommi makinen edition
Best 2 player car - The crap fiat that you win in the official races.

ps. Anyone know how to go back to the first set of official races once yove finished the second batch. i wanna go back and do some that i didnt come first in. And also how do i get the newer NA parts and air mufflers??
Apparently i had to do that hatchback race first before doing the official races. But that cant be! it cant be that pikey. Any help?
Tue 07/01/03 at 21:12
by being good :) i done it but i also got all the licences in Gran Tourismo, it depends how good you are a driving games i guess
Mon 06/01/03 at 22:12
how do i beat the s license
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:25
to unlock specials you have to be in 4th possition on the first lap and first on the last lap.

I have everything unlocked:)

you can find out more stuff by lookin online
Sun 05/01/03 at 01:24
no one plays sega GT then LOL, i'll have to grab sav's mag that had a guide to Sega GT next time i see him, i wanna know how you earn the special items
Fri 03/01/03 at 03:07
i won it which unlocked it by doing the licences i think, i got all the licences and done the last bit then it gives you a load more stages to do which i done and got the endtro ;)

there's just thing's i'm trying to un-lock like a better turbine ect, i wanna get full racing everything hehe
Fri 03/01/03 at 00:39
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Heres a question.

How do you unlock the Viper? It keeps saying it's not for sale round my mates house.
Thu 02/01/03 at 19:07
Regular
Not a clue, if you find out, post why here :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.