GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX 2 in 2006!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/01/03 at 08:36
Regular
My eyes just popped when I saw the news that Microsoft is planning on releasing Xbox 2 somewhere in 2006. Its a long way of but worth the wait. I am sure that this will be better than ps2 or gamecube. Microsoft should make some some decent money out of this upcoming console. I haven't got much details about the graphics or the improvements but let's all hope that this will be the best console that they make.
P.S. I just wish that Microsoft would come up with a way to play ps2 games on xbox 2 so that we could have two consoles in one.
Fri 03/01/03 at 10:40
Regular
"Festivus!"
Samsy wrote:
> Microsoft could keep the PS2 stuff a secret. That could be a
> possibility!

I hope they do, and put a GC processor inside too. Hell, why not just make it play PC games, GBA/GB games, dreamcast games, SNES game, Megadrive games and everything else games. They could keep that secret and they surely wouldn't get sued.
Fri 03/01/03 at 10:09
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Well everything I have read suggests 2005 release, from a recent news post i made it is likely that a smaller, cheaper version of the Xbox will be unveiled this year at E3!

"While not backed up by any solid information or confirmation, The Hollywood Reporter seems to believe that Sony and/or Microsoft will be offering a glimpse of their next generation Xbox and PlayStation at this year's upcoming E3. They also rumor that Nintendo may show off a "portable" GameCube of sorts."

Go over to XboxRules.com if you want to read more....
Fri 03/01/03 at 09:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Samsy wrote:
> Microsoft could keep the PS2 stuff a secret. That could be a
> possibility!

But they will need technical information on how the PS2 works. To emulate a system you need to basically have the same hardware or hardware which works in the same way as the system you want to emulate. As the PS2 works very differently to the XBox or any other console Microsoft would have to build and include PS2 specific hardware into the XBox 2.

And why would you want to play PS2 games? If XBox 2 is out 2006, PS2 will be old. It will be like playing a PS1 game now.
Fri 03/01/03 at 03:08
i'll be............... 23 or 24 depending when about's in 2006 it is ;)
Fri 03/01/03 at 02:43
Regular
"The Gamemaster"
Microsoft could keep the PS2 stuff a secret. That could be a possibility!
Thu 02/01/03 at 19:57
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I'll be *gets out calculator*, nah that cant be right.
Thu 02/01/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Whatever!"
I'll be 26 - Now thats scary!
Thu 02/01/03 at 14:09
Regular
"How Handy."
I'll be 21, how scary...
Thu 02/01/03 at 09:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Samsy wrote:
> P.S. I just wish that Microsoft would come up with a way to play ps2
> games on xbox 2 so that we could have two consoles in one.

Why? PS2 will be OLD in 2006. PS3 will be out by then. Microsoft wouldnt be able to make a console to play PS2 games, as they would have to include the hardware of the PS2 into the XBox 2. PS2 plays PS1 games as it includes the PS1 processor inside the PS2.
Thu 02/01/03 at 08:36
Regular
"The Gamemaster"
My eyes just popped when I saw the news that Microsoft is planning on releasing Xbox 2 somewhere in 2006. Its a long way of but worth the wait. I am sure that this will be better than ps2 or gamecube. Microsoft should make some some decent money out of this upcoming console. I haven't got much details about the graphics or the improvements but let's all hope that this will be the best console that they make.
P.S. I just wish that Microsoft would come up with a way to play ps2 games on xbox 2 so that we could have two consoles in one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.