GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have a cold :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 10:01
Regular
Yes the lovable monster has a sniffle, you may feel sorry for me if you wish, but i will use this opportunity to post some tips on beating the cold more quickly.

1.DO NOT take paracetemol-this only inhibits your bodies natural defences, so dont do it.

2.Drink plenty of orange juice-the vitamins and minerals really are a great help, just dont drink it excessively, or you WILL get diarrhoea. Be warned!

3.Eat at least 1 piece of fruit per day of suffering-this has the same effect as the orange juice, but without the risk of the skitters.

4.DO NOT go to bed and feel sorry for yourself-staying active helps to boost your immune resonse.

5.Get a good nights sleep-thats right, a good sleep through the night will help you feel more alert and ready the next day.

But above all don't let it drag you down, it is a tiny pathogen , and you are a multicellular organism.

Good Luck!
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:17
Regular
"everyone says it"
GasMask wrote:
> I have cold too, so does my girlfriend....

*Walks away* :o)

I so did not
> give the cold to her, no way. No way in hell :o)

Is your girlfriend a figment of your imagination?
Tue 05/02/02 at 20:17
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I have cold too, so does my girlfriend....

*Walks away* :o)

I so did not give the cold to her, no way. No way in hell :o)
Tue 05/02/02 at 18:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
allardini wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> lovable monster

Lovable monster my @$$!!!!

Come on everyone likes the cookie monster!
Tue 05/02/02 at 18:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Edgy wrote:
> Oh yeah, years ago, I had a virus which made me vomit everytime I ate....

In
> the end I had to go into hospital and was on a drip.

In the end, I was given
> Strawberry Milkshakes everytime I felt like some by the hospital!

Score 2 for
> Edgy :)

I had something similar when i was really young ( i cant even remember it, think i was just born) but when i was given my milk i just puked it back up, i was pretty close to death, but nobody would believe my mum because the doctors thought "oh what would she know". But my uncle who is a health visitor told them to admit me to hospital immeadiatly, i was taken to sick kids in Edinburgh where i was given an operation which corrected something with my stomach, i still have the scar today, which has also developed a hernia. And on 20th Feb iam going to see my GP about a rather suspicious mole.
Tue 05/02/02 at 17:34
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
cookie monster wrote:
> lovable monster

Lovable monster my @$$!!!!
Tue 05/02/02 at 17:14
Regular
Oh yeah, years ago, I had a virus which made me vomit everytime I ate....

In the end I had to go into hospital and was on a drip.

In the end, I was given Strawberry Milkshakes everytime I felt like some by the hospital!

Score 2 for Edgy :)
Tue 05/02/02 at 15:37
Regular
"spidermonkey"
No man beat this, I had phneumonia for 3 weeks, went into hospital and lost huners of weight....didn't eat for 2 weeks man, it was bad
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:38
Regular
The anti-biotics make 'the waste products of drinks' (the normal word blocked by filter :) ) smell funny....

I'm glad they're in tablet form though. When I had an operation ages ago I was given the same stuff in liquid form, and it smelt the same going in as it did coming out! Yuk!
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Edgy wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Yes the lovable monster has a sniffle,

Beat
> this, I've had flu for a week and have been diagnosed with an Ear
> Infection.....

You don't hear me complaining do you?

LOL at your misfortune, i had an ear infection last year i was deaf in my right ear for a few days, but it gives you a partial insight into how it feels to be deaf, and my right ear is a little blocked just now, although it isnt too bad.
Mon 04/02/02 at 13:08
Regular
"WWJD"
Edgy wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Yes the lovable monster has a sniffle,

Beat
> this, I've had flu for a week and have been diagnosed with an Ear
> Infection.....

You don't hear me complaining do you?

lol that was a good one

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.