GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Improving concentration?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/08/07 at 13:34
Regular
Does anyone here have any tips/excercise/links etc to anything that can help me improve my concentration levels? I've found that they have dropped, probably due to my job. I can get a lot of interruptions meaning that sometimes I'm only spending a couple of minutes on something before something else comes along.

This means that my mind wanders a lot and often I can't be bothered to finish something I've started. I nearly gave up on this post about 2 sentences in, by the way.

I thought trying to learn the piano again might help, but I broke my wrist when I was a kid and so I find it uncomfortable playing for more than half an hour at a time.

I'm getting back into reading again, as I need to get my imagination working. I'm sure I used to be able to picture in my mind's eye exactly what was being described in the book, but I find it more difficult than I used to.

Am I just getting old? Is it the mundanity of routine? Or perhaps I need my routine to make sure I have time put aside to playing an instrument, or reading or doing whatever which may help the situation.

Are they all link? Concentration, memory and imagination? They say the brain is like any other muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it gets. So there must be excercises and stuff I can do to keep it in shape, right?
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i thought that said "improving contraception"... had a nice cricket bat reference all lined up.

ah well, there`s always next time.
Tue 21/08/07 at 23:31
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Chaos wrote:
> Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> You multiply things by 20? :
>
> It's part of the game, 20 quick sums to do in your head. It's
> timed, and the quicker you are the better.
>
> I can't beat 15 seconds though.

HA!

I'm better than you, and I got a U in my GCSE Mocks!
Tue 21/08/07 at 22:12
Regular
"eat toast!"
i'm sure that concentration has a connection to patientace. But the best way is to get rid of all the distractions of one place to complete a task.

Back at uni i couldn't work at home and i simply wasn't being productive. So i spend the time working at uni. Simply being forced to work and having little distraction to get side tracked.
Tue 21/08/07 at 11:49
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
It sounds riveting.
Tue 21/08/07 at 11:42
Regular
"Mooching around"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> You multiply things by 20? :\

It's part of the game, 20 quick sums to do in your head. It's timed, and the quicker you are the better.

I can't beat 15 seconds though.
Tue 21/08/07 at 11:40
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Biggie Little Jr wrote:
> Brain Training hasn't helped my concentration, it's fun, although
> once I got my brain age to 20 I couldn't really be bothered, I
> only do the x20 calculations every now and then, still can't
> crack 13 seconds though :(

You multiply things by 20? :\
Mon 20/08/07 at 21:30
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Brain Training hasn't helped my concentration, it's fun, although once I got my brain age to 20 I couldn't really be bothered, I only do the x20 calculations every now and then, still can't crack 13 seconds though :(

As for the concentration, I took pills to help me and they worked, no idea what ones though.
Mon 20/08/07 at 21:07
Regular
"the j-man"
Your Honour wrote:
> I had thought about getting it for the Wii. Does it actually work
> though?

I play the DS version quite a bit.
I've got a lot better at it over time, but I don't know if that means it's actually improved anything or if I've just "learned" how to do it.
Mon 20/08/07 at 15:41
Regular
Possibly, I can't remember.
Mon 20/08/07 at 15:06
Regular
Don't we have drugs for such things nowadays?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.