GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Multi format or exclusive"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 18:45
Regular
A lot of games are coming out on multi platforms nowadays, meaning they will be available for all the main consoles (PS2, GC and XB), is this really a good thing? I think this really takes away the uniqueness of a console, back in the old days of Nintendo and Sega it was all about who had the best games not the same games but best unique games. I know it will probably make more money if you release the same game on all consoles, but it really does take away the competition to come up with new and original ideas, and besides, is it really needed?
Sun 03/02/02 at 23:22
Regular
"That's right!"
I've missed out on all Playstation and Sega games my entire life, simply because I've always had a SNES and 64

Now with more games being released on other consoles, this should stop
Sun 03/02/02 at 23:15
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> ~Resurection~ wrote:
> it is true, soon what console you own will depend on
> what you prefere.

there are no console exclusive's any more.

I can't
> wait for my brother to get Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader on
> Playstation 2.

I might get an X-box to play Donkey Kong Racing.

Maybe I'll
> buy the GameCube for Metal Gear Solid 2?

Or shall I stick to PC for games
> such as Super Smash Bros Melee and Super Mario Advance 2?

Basically for those who haven't realised what I was saying is that console exclusivity still exists. Just not so much with 3pd's (third party developers)
Sun 03/02/02 at 19:56
I was brought by a sega conlse but I would say yes in this case
Sun 03/02/02 at 19:52
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> it is true, soon what console you own will depend on what you prefere.

I can't wait for my brother to get Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader on Playstation 2.

I might get an X-box to play Donkey Kong Racing.

Maybe I'll buy the GameCube for Metal Gear Solid 2?

Or shall I stick to PC for games such as Super Smash Bros Melee and Super Mario Advance 2?
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
it is true, soon what console you own will depend on what you prefere.

like if your a ninty fan you'll go with GC and sony fans will go with PS2 and so on.

a few years ago a console always had some kinda mascot as well like sega had sonic and ninty had mario.

i think more consoles should have exclusives and bring back the whole mascot thing to.
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Back For Good"
They're just PS2 ports!
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:45
A lot of games are coming out on multi platforms nowadays, meaning they will be available for all the main consoles (PS2, GC and XB), is this really a good thing? I think this really takes away the uniqueness of a console, back in the old days of Nintendo and Sega it was all about who had the best games not the same games but best unique games. I know it will probably make more money if you release the same game on all consoles, but it really does take away the competition to come up with new and original ideas, and besides, is it really needed?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.