GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2,GAMECUBE-WHAT IS BEST"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/01/03 at 11:27
Regular
i want to know what u think is better PS2 or GAMECUBE
Fri 03/01/03 at 11:27
Regular
"slick"
i want to know what u think is better PS2 or GAMECUBE
Fri 03/01/03 at 14:32
Regular
jazzy ratty wrote:
> i want to know what u think is better PS2 or GAMECUBE

PS2 and XBox have built in DVD players - if you want to play DVD's and dont have a normal DVD player yet, this might be worth considering.

There's not much to choose between them in terms of graphics quality in the games. GC is a bit more powerful, but there are few game's in which this can be seen.

Try the game controllers too. Some people prefer the GC one over the other, but other people prefer the PS2 handset. Try before you buy.

On-line games for consoles are supposed to make a big splash in the UK this year. Both Sony PS2 and Microsoft's XBox will only connect using high speed Broadband. Very nice, provided you can
a) get the signal - most people in the UK will have to get it via their BT phone line. Check the BT web site (or go into a BT shop and ask). Some Cable TV area's also now offer Broadband.

b) you can afford the extra subscription charges

Nintendo's Broadband plans are less clear at the moment.

Also, consider which games are "exclusive" to a console. Like Sony PS2 has GT3, GTA3, GT-Vice City. Xbox has Halo. GameCube has it's own - have a look to see which "must have" games on what console. Since there are 3 console's out there now, many games are available for all 3 console's.
Fri 03/01/03 at 15:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh shut up
Fri 03/01/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
jazzy ratty wrote:
> i want to know what u think is better PS2 or GAMECUBE

What's best? A lesser known invention called the bat and ball. Basically it's a tennis racket with a ball on a bit of string that you hit around over and over again until someone comes up to you and slaps you for being a bigger fool than "Dubya" Bush when he referred to Iraq having "weapons of mass production."
Fri 03/01/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Eh?

Jazzy ratty wrote:

>PS2, GAMECUBE-WHAT IS BEST?

Erm, that's which is best actually.

Gamecube probably has better prospects for the future, as the PS2 has exausted most of it's good games, but PS2 has more great titles avalible to you now.
Fri 03/01/03 at 23:28
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Oh shut up

i agree!
Fri 03/01/03 at 23:30
Regular
GameCube is more colourful (if you buy the Purple one anyway) so its easier to find if you lose it.

Sounds stupid maybe, but it depends how messy your room is.

wOrD
Fri 03/01/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
The mans got a point!
Sat 04/01/03 at 01:07
Regular
so tTHAT's why I seem to play my GC more. it all makes sense! I KNOW WHERE IT IS!!! YAY!
Sat 04/01/03 at 04:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
YEp, Sony's plan of allowing us to save space by putting the PS2 on its side has backfired. Now everyone has lost their console in the shadows of winter... perhaps it's designed to go into hibernation?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.