GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Making a Fireworks Movie?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 12:48
Regular
I've always wanted to make animated movies, but I found Flash too annoying, but I find Fireworks a lot easier to use, so should I use that to make a movie? It has the handly clone feature, so you can just move the part you want, not having to make the entire picture again. I hear it's quite difficult. Any advance on that? Also, how long should each frame last for? I would think that each frame should last for 1-3/100 of a second, but I just want to be sure. Any of you ever made a movie before?

Thanks in advance,
Shaun.
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:48
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
I've always wanted to make animated movies, but I found Flash too annoying, but I find Fireworks a lot easier to use, so should I use that to make a movie? It has the handly clone feature, so you can just move the part you want, not having to make the entire picture again. I hear it's quite difficult. Any advance on that? Also, how long should each frame last for? I would think that each frame should last for 1-3/100 of a second, but I just want to be sure. Any of you ever made a movie before?

Thanks in advance,
Shaun.
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
make a film? um, the file could be quite big at the end, Flash is great when you get used to it, but....not everyone has the flash plugin so a .gif film could be ok, just try and keep it short :)
Sun 03/02/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Erm, you do realise that you're going to run out of memory after about 20 frames, don't you? I mean, proper movie editing packages require gigabytes of RAM, and let's just say that Fireworks isn't all that conservative.
Sun 03/02/02 at 18:29
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think he should at least try it, if it doesn't work, what the heck, you can import the images elsewhere, also i'd like to see the result, could be intresting, although i'm sticking with flash, v nice, lots more you can do with it.
Sun 03/02/02 at 19:14
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
But how the hell do I got about actually animating the damn thing?
Sun 03/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
The only way you can animate in Fireworks is frame-by-frame.
Sun 03/02/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Gabbo wrote:
> The only way you can animate in Fireworks is frame-by-frame.

I know. In 15 minutes, I've done 23 frames.
Sun 03/02/02 at 19:52
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
well, you can change the speed n stuff, it's kinda like flash, but the compression isn't as good + no sound :(
Sun 03/02/02 at 20:01
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
And how big is the movie so far?
Sun 03/02/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Gabbo wrote:
> And how big is the movie so far?

27 frames = 12.0KB - 1.79 seconds

Not bad, I must say.

270 frames = 120KB - 17.9 seconds

2700 frames = 1.2MB - 179 seconds (2:59)

Not bad at all, considering Grix's rate with his little promo thingy. I think more people will download it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.