GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"REZ Has Ruined My Life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 11:32
Regular
Rez is one of those games that seems to split the gaming community.
Either you hail as one of the most innovative games ever, or you think it's pointless waste of (inner)space.
But for me, Rez is an enchanting game - mesmeric - in fact, Rez has ruined my life.... well maybe not completely, but it has drastically changed the way I look at games.

You see, before Rez I was happily playing games, moving from one decent title to another, never really thinking too deeply about what I was doing, just enjoying the gameplay in a light-hearted kind of way.
But then Rez came along.... and BOOM! -
Suddenly I saw the promised land!
Suddenly I comprehended what is missing from the world of gaming!
Suddenly the prospect of buying just another adventure or racing title seems irrelevant.

SEGA describe it as "Synesthesia": the way the visuals, sound and vibration merge together....
Whatever you want to call it, there is something within the gameplay of Rez that takes you into a different realm beyond any other game.

After Rez, all other games seem less interesting somehow.... they appear to me to be just mere games, which is all well and good, but that's all they seem.
But with Rez I have glimpsed something more. It's not just a game but an experience.
I have always been attracted to games that attempt to be original, but after the wonders of Rez I don't know where to go (in a gaming sense).... most other games seem to pale in comparison.

And before anyone asks: no, I haven't taken any mind altering substances recently.
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:32
Regular
Rez is one of those games that seems to split the gaming community.
Either you hail as one of the most innovative games ever, or you think it's pointless waste of (inner)space.
But for me, Rez is an enchanting game - mesmeric - in fact, Rez has ruined my life.... well maybe not completely, but it has drastically changed the way I look at games.

You see, before Rez I was happily playing games, moving from one decent title to another, never really thinking too deeply about what I was doing, just enjoying the gameplay in a light-hearted kind of way.
But then Rez came along.... and BOOM! -
Suddenly I saw the promised land!
Suddenly I comprehended what is missing from the world of gaming!
Suddenly the prospect of buying just another adventure or racing title seems irrelevant.

SEGA describe it as "Synesthesia": the way the visuals, sound and vibration merge together....
Whatever you want to call it, there is something within the gameplay of Rez that takes you into a different realm beyond any other game.

After Rez, all other games seem less interesting somehow.... they appear to me to be just mere games, which is all well and good, but that's all they seem.
But with Rez I have glimpsed something more. It's not just a game but an experience.
I have always been attracted to games that attempt to be original, but after the wonders of Rez I don't know where to go (in a gaming sense).... most other games seem to pale in comparison.

And before anyone asks: no, I haven't taken any mind altering substances recently.
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:58
Regular
Ah so its good ya?
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:07
Regular
I saw it someone playing it in a games shop, it gave me a headache.
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:37
Rez is not the world worst game but then again what is? But sega is not being the best since their dreamcast went out but I think they are toying with us with this game.
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:59
Regular
Cinnammon, for a newbie i've got to say your writing skills are excellent. That was a brilliant read, and very well done.
Nice One
;-]
Sun 03/02/02 at 13:06
I played the demo and it looked crap. To me it just looks like sumthing with really bad, wire graphics and all you do is shoot stuff and it makes weird noises. Please do tell what i'm missing on this game.
Sun 03/02/02 at 13:23
Regular
Quazimodo wrote:
> Cinnammon, for a newbie i've got to say your writing skills are excellent. That
> was a brilliant read, and very well done.
Nice One
;-]

Why thank you Quazimodo, that's very kind of you.
Sun 03/02/02 at 13:26
Tell me what is so good about the game.
Sun 03/02/02 at 13:34
Regular
Agent_Under_Fire wrote:
> Tell me what is so good about the game.

Yes Sir!
That's not as easy as it seems.
It's one of those games you have to play, but it's the way the pyschedelic graphics, sound/music and controller vibrations all combine at the same time, and the way the gameplay builds as you progress through the levels.
I will admit that some will play and think: "What the flick is that??!!"
But it's unique, and I like unique games.
For me, originality is the most important thing.
I think you'll either love or hate it.
Sun 03/02/02 at 14:05
Regular
I dont exactly hate it, But i dont love it.

Its just somthin I woudnt spend my cash on. Maybe rent ot for a while, it seemed quite addictive from the demo but I cant see it lasting more than a couple of days before it gets boring. Worth a rent at the most...thats my view anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.