GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"REZ Has Ruined My Life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 11:32
Regular
Rez is one of those games that seems to split the gaming community.
Either you hail as one of the most innovative games ever, or you think it's pointless waste of (inner)space.
But for me, Rez is an enchanting game - mesmeric - in fact, Rez has ruined my life.... well maybe not completely, but it has drastically changed the way I look at games.

You see, before Rez I was happily playing games, moving from one decent title to another, never really thinking too deeply about what I was doing, just enjoying the gameplay in a light-hearted kind of way.
But then Rez came along.... and BOOM! -
Suddenly I saw the promised land!
Suddenly I comprehended what is missing from the world of gaming!
Suddenly the prospect of buying just another adventure or racing title seems irrelevant.

SEGA describe it as "Synesthesia": the way the visuals, sound and vibration merge together....
Whatever you want to call it, there is something within the gameplay of Rez that takes you into a different realm beyond any other game.

After Rez, all other games seem less interesting somehow.... they appear to me to be just mere games, which is all well and good, but that's all they seem.
But with Rez I have glimpsed something more. It's not just a game but an experience.
I have always been attracted to games that attempt to be original, but after the wonders of Rez I don't know where to go (in a gaming sense).... most other games seem to pale in comparison.

And before anyone asks: no, I haven't taken any mind altering substances recently.
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:41
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> a) The graphics are the best I have ever seen - works of art, not just realism

Definately, especially on Area 5 when the surreal cut-scenes merge in and out.

b) It's a masive game because it has so much replayability

Well I've been playing it for a few weeks non-stop. I keep trying to play another game but I always end up playing Rez instead.

c) The demo with OPS2 was quite challenging (although I completed it first time), do
> you think the rest of the game will be a walkthrough? I don't think so...

It does get tricky, but once you know when to use the "overdrives" (they destroy everything on screen for a limited period of time) it becomes easier.
Mon 04/02/02 at 17:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
a) The graphics are the best I have ever seen - works of art, not just realism

b) It's a masive game because it has so much replayability

c) The demo with OPS2 was quite challenging (although I completed it first time), do you think the rest of the game will be a walkthrough? I don't think so...

Look, I don't know why everyone is wetting themselves over the new Zelda. You may think that's shocking not to be remotely excited - it's just the same for use. If you don't agree, fine, but there's no way you can change our minds so don't bother trying.
Mon 04/02/02 at 16:46
Regular
why does everyone think this game looks so good it is rubbish yeh maybe you would be drooling 15 years ago on the amiga but times change graphics get better games last longer and get harder it is so easy.
Mon 04/02/02 at 11:52
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Once you seen one rainbow you seen em all.

My nan used to tell me that if you bathe in the light of a rainbow it will prolong your life.
Mon 04/02/02 at 11:17
Regular
Once you seen one rainbow you seen em all.
Mon 04/02/02 at 11:05
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I've played the demo on the OPS2 disc many times, and will be spending dollar on it very soon. I don't even see it as a game, it's just something I've never encountered before. it sounds really cheesy, but it's 'an experience'.
Mon 04/02/02 at 10:08
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> Hmmm somehow i dont think i'll be spending my dollar on Rez

Not buying Rez is like .... I dunno .... like not admiring a rainbow when one appears in the sky.
Mon 04/02/02 at 02:36
Regular
Hmmm somehow i dont think i'll be spending my dollar on Rez
Mon 04/02/02 at 00:26
Regular
bingbong wrote:
> A lot of people are slating the graphics in this game and they are as somebodys
> already pointed out missing the point. But i personally think the graphics are
> great they just suit it perfectly. This game is great and i can't wait to add it
> to my collection.

You're right, the graphics are excellent and they DO suit the game perfectly, and so does the music, and so do the sound effects - hell, the game is just sublime!
Sun 03/02/02 at 20:44
A lot of people are slating the graphics in this game and they are as somebodys already pointed out missing the point. But i personally think the graphics are great they just suit it perfectly. This game is great and i can't wait to add it to my collection.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.