GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guns and Roses. (The final in the trilogy)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/02/02 at 11:06
Regular
Part 3
Guns and Roses

Sh@neo shuffled past the despondent crowd gathered around YH’s grave, looking back one last time, remembering his last exertion had saved his life. He held back the tears, the anger simmering inside him. He walked towards his bike, his feet dragging along the cemetery’s carpet of cold gravel, his head receding into a hood of it’s own, eyes staring at the countless faded graves. As he reached his Harley, he saw a lean man reclining on his bike.
“Move.” Sh@neo was in a bad mood, his heart had plunged through him after YH’s death.
In reply the man just smiled. It wasn’t a menacing smile, but it was cold, cold as stone.
“Could you please move?” Sh@neo voice was strained and irritated.
“Oh, so now Sh@neo is alone?” The man’s voice was deep and relaxed. “Don’t bother asking why. You need someone to… Replace YH.”
Sh@neo, although he didn’t like to admit it, had been thinking that since YH’s death.
“So what are you saying?”
“My names Lodge.”
“Hop on.”

Twain was troubled. He was sure they were dead. How could they survive? No one was stronger than S2G. But then there were two of them. He looked at his new guard. Tom. Was he as strong as he boasted? He reclined into his chair. He could see everything from there, his surveillance in his new stronghold was amazing. Everything was watched, even the vents.
“TB?” His voice rasped.
TB sauntered over. His usual black clothes replaced by a large white coat.
“I want you to stay here, with me.”
“Sure.”
This Tom watched, his eyes darting around in his head, seeing everything. He wanted TB’s place.

Sh@neo drove quickly, slicing through the oncoming traffic, following Lodge’s directions. They pulled up at a tall metallic block. Lodge inputting a 13-digit code, then swiping a card he held. The doors crawled into the walls, revealing a plaza. In the middle a beautiful fountain rippled, surrounded by people, most chatting, some coming and going through doors.
“Welcome.” A short stout man had walked up to them silently.
“Am I glad to see you Berserker!” Lodge replied, his tone suggesting he wasn’t at all glad.
“Follow.” Berserker beckoned.
He lead them up an elevator through many twisting passage ways, until they came into another plaza, much like the one they had first emerged in, only this time it was covered with weapons. In the centre was a large, muscular man standing behind a crome counter. He eyed them with tired yet weary eyes.
“Sh@neo I suppose?” Even his voice was weary.
“Yes, he is Sh@neo.” Lodge’s voice indicated he was tired of him. “Sh@neo, this is MJ.”
“So, what are you looking for?”
“The best.”
He led them through a concealed door.
“Only the finest.” His voice showed he was proud of them.
“I have weapons,” Sh@neo said, showing them his daggers.
Lodge saw what he was looking for, seemingly useless mace.
“A mace?” Sh@neo sounded surprised.
“This is no ordinary mace Sh@neo.” He replied and, just to illustrate his point brought it down upon the floor, a crack opening beneath them. They followed Berserker out, returning to Sh@neo’s Harley. Mounting it Sh@neo noticed a package on the seat. He opened it. It contained two gloves, metal gloves. He put then on, finding them light and easy to wear. He pondered this gift, they matched his daggers perfectly, and there was only one person who knew his daggers well enough, and he was dead.

They arrived at the airport an hour later an after a short uneventful flight arrived at their destination, from which they took a train. Finally the train stopped and they got off, walking towards the silhouette of a cliff. Half way there they stopped and went off the road crawling through the bushes until they came to the cliff. It wasn’t a natural cliff, but a cliff shaped metal plated tower. They found the main entrance. They walked round, finding a second door. Through this Sh@neo went, only to find a group of guards waiting, all armed with semi-automatics. At the front stood Tom.
“You didn’t think we were blind did you?” His voice was light. “Kill him.”
“Stop. Take him to Twain.” TB’s voice overcame Tom’s.
The guards snarled, they had wanted to kill them, he had killed their friends, but they knew what would happen if they didn’t. They led him into a huge hall, with a beautiful stained glass window on the other side.

Twain eyed them with sunken eyes. He was surprised at the easiness of it.
“So, Sh@neo did you really think you could escape me twice?” He snapped.
Sh@neo said nothing. Twain kicked him, sending him into the wall.
“I think I’m going to enjoy this. Guards, leave.”
He dived at Sh@neo, Sh@neo spinning round him and elbowing him in the neck.
“TB? A little help pleas…” He was interrupted by a blow from Sh@neo’s covered hands, the force sending him reeling into the huge window. TB appeared from nowhere and lifted Sh@neo into the air and threw him against the wall, following up with two swift punches. At that moment Tom appeared behind TB and kicked him in the small of the back. Tom then helped up Sh@neo, only to slap him round the head. Twain helped Tom, holding Sh@neo while Tom punched his bleeding face. TB meanwhile was behind them, standing next to the window. Then Lodge appeared, his mace whirling, and struck Tom in the back, sending him into a crumpled heap on the floor, while Sh@neo broke free of Twain’s grasp and sliced his hand. TB dived at Sh@neo sending them both flying through the window. With a mighty scream of rage Lodge brought down the mace missing Twain by inches. TB held on to the platform of glass above him with one hand, his other entangled with Sh@neo’s coat, a this moment his life flashed before him, and he realised he was wrong, Twain was wrong, his life was wrong. Then with a great grunt, he pulled Sh@neo over the ledge. Sh@neo went straight for Twain, who was lining up TB’s gun with Lodge’s head, and slashed the gun with one dagger and drove the other through Twain. Tom sauntered over to TB and lifted his hand off the platform, suspending him in mid air.
“I never liked you. The only reason I joined was for this moment. You killed them. You know you did.”
TB’s face went white. Thoughts flashed through his head, he remembered it now, all to clearly, Tom had been there, he’d been there when he’d killed his wife, he knew. But he didn’t kill them! He knew it wasn’t his fault, his mind raced, then he realised Tom had done it. He’s made him do it. Yes that was it, his eyes rolled now, and unable to cope with his own guilt and his hate of Tom, shoved off the platform, dragging Tom with him.

Prologue

Sh@neo stood by the grave, and placed a rose on it. He rubbed off the moss and read the inscription.
‘Here lies TB
Whose life he sacrificed for others
His memory will always be dear.’
He moved away from the grave, it had been seven years since then. Seven years of peace, yet he knew now both YH and TB would be happier away from the troubles of life, away from greed and pain, anger and sadness. He walked away, the wind tugging at his coat.
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:13
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Pop
All the way to the
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:28
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Sorry, I meant to put Epilogue rather than Prologue :).
Oh and thanks Sh@neo :D.
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:09
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Heh, nice story PS!
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:06
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Part 3
Guns and Roses

Sh@neo shuffled past the despondent crowd gathered around YH’s grave, looking back one last time, remembering his last exertion had saved his life. He held back the tears, the anger simmering inside him. He walked towards his bike, his feet dragging along the cemetery’s carpet of cold gravel, his head receding into a hood of it’s own, eyes staring at the countless faded graves. As he reached his Harley, he saw a lean man reclining on his bike.
“Move.” Sh@neo was in a bad mood, his heart had plunged through him after YH’s death.
In reply the man just smiled. It wasn’t a menacing smile, but it was cold, cold as stone.
“Could you please move?” Sh@neo voice was strained and irritated.
“Oh, so now Sh@neo is alone?” The man’s voice was deep and relaxed. “Don’t bother asking why. You need someone to… Replace YH.”
Sh@neo, although he didn’t like to admit it, had been thinking that since YH’s death.
“So what are you saying?”
“My names Lodge.”
“Hop on.”

Twain was troubled. He was sure they were dead. How could they survive? No one was stronger than S2G. But then there were two of them. He looked at his new guard. Tom. Was he as strong as he boasted? He reclined into his chair. He could see everything from there, his surveillance in his new stronghold was amazing. Everything was watched, even the vents.
“TB?” His voice rasped.
TB sauntered over. His usual black clothes replaced by a large white coat.
“I want you to stay here, with me.”
“Sure.”
This Tom watched, his eyes darting around in his head, seeing everything. He wanted TB’s place.

Sh@neo drove quickly, slicing through the oncoming traffic, following Lodge’s directions. They pulled up at a tall metallic block. Lodge inputting a 13-digit code, then swiping a card he held. The doors crawled into the walls, revealing a plaza. In the middle a beautiful fountain rippled, surrounded by people, most chatting, some coming and going through doors.
“Welcome.” A short stout man had walked up to them silently.
“Am I glad to see you Berserker!” Lodge replied, his tone suggesting he wasn’t at all glad.
“Follow.” Berserker beckoned.
He lead them up an elevator through many twisting passage ways, until they came into another plaza, much like the one they had first emerged in, only this time it was covered with weapons. In the centre was a large, muscular man standing behind a crome counter. He eyed them with tired yet weary eyes.
“Sh@neo I suppose?” Even his voice was weary.
“Yes, he is Sh@neo.” Lodge’s voice indicated he was tired of him. “Sh@neo, this is MJ.”
“So, what are you looking for?”
“The best.”
He led them through a concealed door.
“Only the finest.” His voice showed he was proud of them.
“I have weapons,” Sh@neo said, showing them his daggers.
Lodge saw what he was looking for, seemingly useless mace.
“A mace?” Sh@neo sounded surprised.
“This is no ordinary mace Sh@neo.” He replied and, just to illustrate his point brought it down upon the floor, a crack opening beneath them. They followed Berserker out, returning to Sh@neo’s Harley. Mounting it Sh@neo noticed a package on the seat. He opened it. It contained two gloves, metal gloves. He put then on, finding them light and easy to wear. He pondered this gift, they matched his daggers perfectly, and there was only one person who knew his daggers well enough, and he was dead.

They arrived at the airport an hour later an after a short uneventful flight arrived at their destination, from which they took a train. Finally the train stopped and they got off, walking towards the silhouette of a cliff. Half way there they stopped and went off the road crawling through the bushes until they came to the cliff. It wasn’t a natural cliff, but a cliff shaped metal plated tower. They found the main entrance. They walked round, finding a second door. Through this Sh@neo went, only to find a group of guards waiting, all armed with semi-automatics. At the front stood Tom.
“You didn’t think we were blind did you?” His voice was light. “Kill him.”
“Stop. Take him to Twain.” TB’s voice overcame Tom’s.
The guards snarled, they had wanted to kill them, he had killed their friends, but they knew what would happen if they didn’t. They led him into a huge hall, with a beautiful stained glass window on the other side.

Twain eyed them with sunken eyes. He was surprised at the easiness of it.
“So, Sh@neo did you really think you could escape me twice?” He snapped.
Sh@neo said nothing. Twain kicked him, sending him into the wall.
“I think I’m going to enjoy this. Guards, leave.”
He dived at Sh@neo, Sh@neo spinning round him and elbowing him in the neck.
“TB? A little help pleas…” He was interrupted by a blow from Sh@neo’s covered hands, the force sending him reeling into the huge window. TB appeared from nowhere and lifted Sh@neo into the air and threw him against the wall, following up with two swift punches. At that moment Tom appeared behind TB and kicked him in the small of the back. Tom then helped up Sh@neo, only to slap him round the head. Twain helped Tom, holding Sh@neo while Tom punched his bleeding face. TB meanwhile was behind them, standing next to the window. Then Lodge appeared, his mace whirling, and struck Tom in the back, sending him into a crumpled heap on the floor, while Sh@neo broke free of Twain’s grasp and sliced his hand. TB dived at Sh@neo sending them both flying through the window. With a mighty scream of rage Lodge brought down the mace missing Twain by inches. TB held on to the platform of glass above him with one hand, his other entangled with Sh@neo’s coat, a this moment his life flashed before him, and he realised he was wrong, Twain was wrong, his life was wrong. Then with a great grunt, he pulled Sh@neo over the ledge. Sh@neo went straight for Twain, who was lining up TB’s gun with Lodge’s head, and slashed the gun with one dagger and drove the other through Twain. Tom sauntered over to TB and lifted his hand off the platform, suspending him in mid air.
“I never liked you. The only reason I joined was for this moment. You killed them. You know you did.”
TB’s face went white. Thoughts flashed through his head, he remembered it now, all to clearly, Tom had been there, he’d been there when he’d killed his wife, he knew. But he didn’t kill them! He knew it wasn’t his fault, his mind raced, then he realised Tom had done it. He’s made him do it. Yes that was it, his eyes rolled now, and unable to cope with his own guilt and his hate of Tom, shoved off the platform, dragging Tom with him.

Prologue

Sh@neo stood by the grave, and placed a rose on it. He rubbed off the moss and read the inscription.
‘Here lies TB
Whose life he sacrificed for others
His memory will always be dear.’
He moved away from the grave, it had been seven years since then. Seven years of peace, yet he knew now both YH and TB would be happier away from the troubles of life, away from greed and pain, anger and sadness. He walked away, the wind tugging at his coat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.