GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Old game- what is it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/01/03 at 11:44
Regular
I once played this Sega Mega Drive game that rocked, but i can't remember what the hell it was called. It was a platformer with really bad graphics and you could turn into monsters whenever you wanted to. At the beginning of it there was this God bloke who appeared and said something like "Go rescue something" or "Go kill someone" or something along those lines. If anybody has any idea of what it is then please tell me.
Sat 11/01/03 at 23:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I found it extremely funny.

WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM!
Sat 11/01/03 at 20:51
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Sounds like it could be. I borrowed that from a friend once, but I wasn't really very keen on it. Can't remember why, it ws so many years ago...
Sat 11/01/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Party Hard"
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Sat 11/01/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
That is, without a doubt, Altered Beast.

POWER UP!
Sat 11/01/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Party Hard"
It was sidescrolling like mario.
It had zombies dressed in purple (I think) clothes and when you killed them they exploded.
You could change into a particular monster on each level. The only levels i remember are the first one which was a kind of Greek ruins place and a type of lava level which had lots of ants on it.

I also remember it having dreadful music.
Sat 11/01/03 at 12:24
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Tell us more about the game, I might be able to figure out what it is. I played an awful lot of Megadrive games...

Was it a side scrolling platformer like Mario?
What exactly could your character do?
What did the monsters do?
Sat 11/01/03 at 10:53
Regular
"Party Hard"
I don't know. I'm getting confused now. I'm just going to try and track down both Altered beast and this zombies ate my neighbours thing. Thanks for the help, but there definately was this greek god type bloke at the start of the game.
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:06
Regular
"smile, it's free"
...and if I'm wrong, (as I'm pretty sure there's no 'God' on zombies, though the rest fits) go and play it anyway. Fantastic game...
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:04
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Zombies

Or, to give it it's full name, 'Zombies ate my Neighbours'.

It was a top-down scrolling shoot-em-up. You could have up to two players, a boy and a girl. 'Zeke' and 'Julie'. The aim of the game was to rescue as many of your neigbours as you could on each level to progress to the next, killing things like zombies, giant ants, mummies, werewolves, martians, and various other creatures from horror movies on the way.

Sounding familiar yet?

There were 50 levels (I think), culminating in a confrontation with the evil DR Tongue. There were potions you could drink to turn into a moster, or turn invisible, or a host of other effects. The weapons ranged from water pistols and juggling sticks to bazookas and alien ray guns.

Definitely one of the best games of it's time.
Tue 07/01/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Party Hard"
I've got a feeling that might have been it...is there a level in it where there are loads of zombies that explode when you kill them? And i seem to remember something about giant ants...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.