GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Film->game, Game->conversions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/02 at 20:01
Regular
Many of my most favrote films have now got a game conversion. Blade is one of my top 10 films, the classic vamp slaying vamp with that wesliey snipes magic is almost unbeatable, it would be great to play as Blade.Go around with all his cool guns and acid tipped sword out for the blood of the vamp god. I was extatic to find out there was a game coming. Then of cause my dreams were shattered, how? I played the game.

There has never been a good conversion between game and film. The frank herbert dune rpg was almost as good as the mario film which i took great delight in throwing out of the window after blating it in the microwave for a minute or two. Another of my fav films isfrom dusk till dawn, a classic vamp kiling bad attitude film, and another extremely pants conversion. Has anyone ever realised that film game conversions don't work. They never have and never will.

I'm suprised that they are still going on, if films were supposed to be computer games they would have been in the first place. I guess certain games could make good conversions but if they were ever converted i bet they would suck just as much.

Has anyone ever played a good film game conversion and if they have please tell me what so i can get it and retract this message.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 02/02/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Same as above^"
Many of my most favrote films have now got a game conversion. Blade is one of my top 10 films, the classic vamp slaying vamp with that wesliey snipes magic is almost unbeatable, it would be great to play as Blade.Go around with all his cool guns and acid tipped sword out for the blood of the vamp god. I was extatic to find out there was a game coming. Then of cause my dreams were shattered, how? I played the game.

There has never been a good conversion between game and film. The frank herbert dune rpg was almost as good as the mario film which i took great delight in throwing out of the window after blating it in the microwave for a minute or two. Another of my fav films isfrom dusk till dawn, a classic vamp kiling bad attitude film, and another extremely pants conversion. Has anyone ever realised that film game conversions don't work. They never have and never will.

I'm suprised that they are still going on, if films were supposed to be computer games they would have been in the first place. I guess certain games could make good conversions but if they were ever converted i bet they would suck just as much.

Has anyone ever played a good film game conversion and if they have please tell me what so i can get it and retract this message.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.