GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Industry Insider Tells the Future of Gaming and SR..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/01/03 at 14:02
Regular
Remember the '8 ball' from Toy Story which answered questions? Was I the only one who wanted one? I thought it was great, and today, after much nagging of my mother to lend me the £2.50 I needed to get it from The Gadget Shop, I finally own one.

And it's good at for seeing the future too. You just ask it a question, shake it, and it tells you the answer. It's mostly correct too. I asked it if my 2 year old Brother would grow up to be a male stripper and it say 'Absolutely yes'. I also asked it if Leeds would beat Scunthorpe today, and it replied 'Don't bet on it'. Great.

But what relevance has this got to gaming? Well, I thought I'd ask it some questions about the future, and what it holds for our favourite pass-time.

Question 1 - Will the X-Box soon be doubled up as a bomb - shelter to improve sales?
Answer - 'Yes'

Well, it was certain for that one, no messing about for our little ball. It would seem quite plausible for Bill Gates to do that to, just to keep sales up after everyone realises they can't sell Jet Set Radio and GT 2002 when they buy the console.

Question 2 - Is Bill Gates planning to take over the world?
Answer - 'Not Now'

Bill must have his world domination plans on hold for the minute, as he tries to monopolise every single market in the world. I wonder if, when he realises that nobody likes him, he'll follow up his plan. 'Don't Bet on It' advises the 8 - Ball. Maybe Bill isn't as evil as we once thought

Question 3 - Is Megaton real?
Answer - 'Looks Good To Me'

So Nintendo ARE lying about Megaton, and it really IS going to happen. Thanks to the 8 - Ball, the Internet will be full of rumours within the next 1/4. We love you 8 - Ball.

Question 4 - Are Nintendo going Software only?
Answer - 'My Sources say no'

This is good news to all Nintendo fans all over the globe. Yes, we already had confirmation of a Gamecube 2 before, but from an unreliable source - Nintendo. After the Rare deal, who trusts them? The 8 - Ball is much more reliable, and trust worthy too. It's black for heavens sake. Anything black and round should be treated like a god.

Question 5 - Will PS3 be as good as it's predecessor in sales?
Answer - 'You'll have to wait'

Why we will have to wait is unspecified, but the 8-Ball seems unsure. Maybe he's waiting until he sees what it looks like, or what games it has (like that matters on a Sony console), but, maybe in the near future we will get an answer out of him.

This forum isn't all about games though now is it? It is also about SR, and it wouldn't be right for the post to go online without asking the 8-Ball some Member related questions.

Question 1 - Is Mystique really a 40 - year old geordie in drag?
Answer - 'Are you Kidding?'

For once and for all, it is proved that Myst is actually a female like she says she is, and that fake photo she put on her site could actually be real, and not copied from face party.

Question 2 - Does Tony force the staffies to dance for him?
Answer - 'Probably'

So it is quite probable that Tony pays Snuggly, BEARDS and co. to dance around the office whenever he gets bored? SR, could we get photos of this, along with name tags? maybe we could vote for the best dancer?

Question 3 - Does Drunk Cow sit at home all day and think of new spoofs to do?
Answer - 'Outlook So - So'

The 8-Ball, due to it's lack of vocabulary to draw from, probably meant that Drunk Cow spends quite a lot of his time at home thinking up spoofs, but spends the ret outside thinking of them.

Question 4 - Does Gerrid really own blades?
Answer - 'Looking good'

I really did have my doubts about Gerrid owning any blades, I thought the doctor would have taken them all off him after the 'incident', but evidentally, no. Maybe he stole them from the pharmacist who he is in cahoots with.

Question 5 - Does Asher D really go out with Vicki the Vixen?
Answer - 'Yes, in Due time'

So Asher D's posts about Vicki are all one big lie? He really bought Star Fox for himself? Oh, what a sad life he must lead, having to toy with the emotions of people on Internet forums to get attention. But it does state, in time, he shall be. Maybe they stay in together, and are planning to go outside soon? Maybe.

Are there any questions you'd like to ask the 8 Ball? Post them here and he'll get back to you as soon as he can spare some time from his hectic schedule of doing nothing. Indeed.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Festivus!"
Remember the '8 ball' from Toy Story which answered questions? Was I the only one who wanted one? I thought it was great, and today, after much nagging of my mother to lend me the £2.50 I needed to get it from The Gadget Shop, I finally own one.

And it's good at for seeing the future too. You just ask it a question, shake it, and it tells you the answer. It's mostly correct too. I asked it if my 2 year old Brother would grow up to be a male stripper and it say 'Absolutely yes'. I also asked it if Leeds would beat Scunthorpe today, and it replied 'Don't bet on it'. Great.

But what relevance has this got to gaming? Well, I thought I'd ask it some questions about the future, and what it holds for our favourite pass-time.

Question 1 - Will the X-Box soon be doubled up as a bomb - shelter to improve sales?
Answer - 'Yes'

Well, it was certain for that one, no messing about for our little ball. It would seem quite plausible for Bill Gates to do that to, just to keep sales up after everyone realises they can't sell Jet Set Radio and GT 2002 when they buy the console.

Answer - 'Not Now'

Bill must have his world domination plans on hold for the minute, as he tries to monopolise every single market in the world. I wonder if, when he realises that nobody likes him, he'll follow up his plan. 'Don't Bet on It' advises the 8 - Ball. Maybe Bill isn't as evil as we once thought

Question 3 - Is Megaton real?
Answer - 'Looks Good To Me'

So Nintendo ARE lying about Megaton, and it really IS going to happen. Thanks to the 8 - Ball, the Internet will be full of rumours within the next 1/4. We love you 8 - Ball.

Question 4 - Are Nintendo going Software only?
Answer - 'My Sources say no'

This is good news to all Nintendo fans all over the globe. Yes, we already had confirmation of a Gamecube 2 before, but from an unreliable source - Nintendo. After the Rare deal, who trusts them? The 8 - Ball is much more reliable, and trust worthy too. It's black for heavens sake. Anything black and round should be treated like a god.

Question 5 - Will PS3 be as good as it's predecessor in sales?
Answer - 'You'll have to wait'

Why we will have to wait is unspecified, but the 8-Ball seems unsure. Maybe he's waiting until he sees what it looks like, or what games it has (like that matters on a Sony console), but, maybe in the near future we will get an answer out of him.

This forum isn't all about games though now is it? It is also about SR, and it wouldn't be right for the post to go online without asking the 8-Ball some Member related questions.

Question 1 - Is Mystique really a 40 - year old geordie in drag?
Answer - 'Are you Kidding?'

For once and for all, it is proved that Myst is actually a female like she says she is, and that fake photo she put on her site could actually be real, and not copied from face party.

Question 2 - Does Tony force the staffies to dance for him?
Answer - 'Probably'

So it is quite probable that Tony pays Snuggly, BEARDS and co. to dance around the office whenever he gets bored? SR, could we get photos of this, along with name tags? maybe we could vote for the best dancer?

Question 3 - Does Drunk Cow sit at home all day and think of new spoofs to do?
Answer - 'Outlook So - So'

The 8-Ball, due to it's lack of vocabulary to draw from, probably meant that Drunk Cow spends quite a lot of his time at home thinking up spoofs, but spends the ret outside thinking of them.

Question 4 - Does Gerrid really own blades?
Answer - 'Looking good'

I really did have my doubts about Gerrid owning any blades, I thought the doctor would have taken them all off him after the 'incident', but evidentally, no. Maybe he stole them from the pharmacist who he is in cahoots with.

Question 5 - Does Asher D really go out with Vicki the Vixen?
Answer - 'Yes, in Due time'

So Asher D's posts about Vicki are all one big lie? He really bought Star Fox for himself? Oh, what a sad life he must lead, having to toy with the emotions of people on Internet forums to get attention. But it does state, in time, he shall be. Maybe they stay in together, and are planning to go outside soon? Maybe.

Are there any questions you'd like to ask the 8 Ball? Post them here and he'll get back to you as soon as he can spare some time from his hectic schedule of doing nothing. Indeed.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:15
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Idlewild wrote:

> Question 3 - Does Drunk Cow sit at home all day and think of new
> spoofs to do?
> Answer - 'Outlook So - So'
>
> The 8-Ball, due to it's lack of vocabulary to draw from, probably
> meant that Drunk Cow spends quite a lot of his time at home thinking
> up spoofs, but spends the ret outside thinking of them.

How does it know!! It's evil I tell you EVIL!!!!

Very very very nice post Idlewild!:-0
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
ASk it if everything it says is a lie.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:33
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Idlewild wrote:
> Remember the '8 ball' from Toy Story which answered questions? Was I
> the only one who wanted one?

Yes :P
>
> Question 1 - Will the X-Box soon be doubled up as a bomb - shelter to
> improve sales?
> Answer - 'Yes'

Yes.
>
> Answer - 'Not Now'
>
Yes. He is. And will. Painfully.
>
> Question 3 - Is Megaton real?
> Answer - 'Looks Good To Me'
>
What the hell is Megaton?
>
> Question 4 - Are Nintendo going Software only?
> Answer - 'My Sources say no'
>
Yes. I bloody hope so, at least.
>
> Question 5 - Will PS3 be as good as it's predecessor in sales?
> Answer - 'You'll have to wait'

I think so.
>
> Question 1 - Is Mystique really a 40 - year old geordie in drag?
> Answer - 'Are you Kidding?'
>
Yep, she...er...he is.
>
> Question 2 - Does Tony force the staffies to dance for him?
> Answer - 'Probably'

Yep. I phoned up Sawbridgeworth branch and all I heard was "down boy" and "do you like horsies?" :P
>
> spoofs to do?
>
No, she watches crappy American TV :P
>
> Question 4 - Does Gerrid really own blades?
> Answer - 'Looking good'
>
Who knows? Come to think of it - who cares!? :P
>
> Question 5 - Does Asher D really go out with Vicki the Vixen?
> Answer - 'Yes, in Due time'
>
Who is Vicky The Vixen!? :)
>
> Are there any questions you'd like to ask the 8 Ball?

Yes, will I ever get laid? :P
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:37
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Flux wrote:
> spoofs to do?
>
> No, she watches crappy American TV :P

Why do you call me she after sooooo many people have told you I'm a guy! Special Observe dude.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:51
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Because over here in the UK, a drunk cow is a name we'd give to a plastered female...
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Festivus!"
gerrid wrote:
> ASk it if everything it says is a lie.

'You can count on it'

and 'don't bet on it' is the response to you ever getting laid
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Me or you?
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Festivus!"
Sorry, Flux ever getting laid. He asked me to ask it... :)
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ah. You must be having a ball of a time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.