GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell Demo Problem"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:05
Regular
I've just got the Splinter Cell Demo and when i came to running it my screen switches of then when i swith it back on i see the message:

General protection fault!

History: RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

My PC Specs are AMD Duron 900Mhz, 256Mb, Geforce 2 MX400, 52x CD-Rom etc.... Any help guys?
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:05
Regular
"I see you"
I've just got the Splinter Cell Demo and when i came to running it my screen switches of then when i swith it back on i see the message:

General protection fault!

History: RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

My PC Specs are AMD Duron 900Mhz, 256Mb, Geforce 2 MX400, 52x CD-Rom etc.... Any help guys?
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Touched!"
The way i did it was go to start >> Run> type in "dxdiag" go to the last tap and click the override button, set your moniter refresh rate to 75hz and it should work, worked for me when i kept getting that error, i am also running DX9.
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:16
Regular
"I see you"
Thanks i'll give that a try.
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:26
Regular
"I see you"
Nah tried it and it didn't work, my screen just flash off again then i was confronted with the same message. Quite mad about that cos i'm not gonna folk out for the game now if the demo doesn't work.
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
My computer is to old to run it, so I'll try the demo after I get my new PC.
Sun 05/01/03 at 13:45
Regular
"I see you"
My computer is getting old, but it still runs the games released las year, but for this years games i'll definately need an upgrade.

I'm not gonna be ripped off like Sniper has been though. As i'll build it myself at a fraction of the price, I'm just waiting for the technology to move on a little further so prices drop a little more on the current components. Bwahahaha
Sun 05/01/03 at 18:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
My PC has had a good run, it's lasted allot longer than my first computer, and I wanted to I could probably still keep it going for a few more months. It wouldn't last the year though.
Sun 05/01/03 at 22:08
Regular
"I see you"
I can probably get at least another 6-8 months out of mine hell maybe even a year if i don't buy any of the new games that are coming out this year. The only trouble though as i want most of the games that are being released this year looks like i'll have to upgrade sooner.

I'm definately gonna go with an AMD 2800+, and i'd really like on of the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe NVIDIAŽ nForceŽ SPP DDR Motherboards and a GeForce 4 Titanium 4600 Platinum 128MB Graphics cards. I can just imagine it now. Got to get saving though.
Sat 11/01/03 at 13:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Ah yes I can't wait to get my new PC, as as I get I'll install all those games which I couldn't run at full detail, and then I'll go and pre-order those ones which I've been looking forward to playing for ages.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.