GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What year is it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/02 at 17:02
Regular
2002 AD

Sounds like some 70's sci-fi series. In those years since old Jebus was born we have came some way...

Gone are the days of living in caves, grunting at one another and thinking the world was flat. Now well people have went to the moon, still grunt at each other and deserve to live in caves.

In the last 50 years or so, it’s been the big technology boom... I'm sure you all know this.

Did you know however, during the Dark Ages. You know the time where people built castles, lived in mud, plagues and err no lights. Well during this time science and development of technology was seen as witchcraft and they burned or drowned those who had a brain in their head. This set the world 600 years back with technology.

So really it could be a possibility we could have been living in the technology year of 2602.

So if we now presume we live in that year, our level of technology would have been the equivalent of 1402.

So this could have affected the way the world is now (including gaming, yay I found a link).

World War 2 would have lasted from 1339-1345.
Shakespeare could have had a PC to write his plays on.
The moon landing would have taken place in 1369
The X-Box and Gamecube would have been released in 1402.

Makes you think eh… of course most of that may be wrong as the Dark Ages were not long off that and you get the picture.

Do you think Che Guevara and Fidel Castro could be bothered starting the revolution in Cuba if they had a Playstation 356? Maybe Hitler decided to stay in and play Championship Manager than invade Poland. Who knows what could have happened.

So where would we be now with gaming? What do you see the world like in 2602? Maybe it is nothing, blown up by weapons millions of times powerful than a nuke. Maybe you see world peace. Maybe gaming was made illegal; maybe the world has turned into a gaming paradise.

I hope all you gaming monkeys are cursing at the Dark Ages, just think of what you lot could be up to (aye aye). In rooms full of ultimate gaming, no control pads, all thoughts. Maybe not games, different lives and things. Flying in real space, instead we’re talking on a primitive forum, which would have been abolished in 1420 for more advanced communication. In 600 years your children’s children etc will look back and laugh at you all arguing over such petty pieces of entertainment.
Sun 03/02/02 at 14:19
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
If the dark ages had happened, none of us would be alive. Same as if WW2 hadn't happened.
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:43
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Don't forget, back in the 70s they said we'd all be living on Mars by the 90s!
> And it's 2002 now!

actually it was the moon
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Speak for yourself...
Sun 03/02/02 at 11:34
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
It's 2002. And how can we be sure that the planet we live on isn't mars?
Sun 03/02/02 at 01:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Errr pop
Sat 02/02/02 at 17:19
Regular
"That's right!"
Don't forget, back in the 70s they said we'd all be living on Mars by the 90s! And it's 2002 now!
Sat 02/02/02 at 17:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
2002 AD

Sounds like some 70's sci-fi series. In those years since old Jebus was born we have came some way...

Gone are the days of living in caves, grunting at one another and thinking the world was flat. Now well people have went to the moon, still grunt at each other and deserve to live in caves.

In the last 50 years or so, it’s been the big technology boom... I'm sure you all know this.

Did you know however, during the Dark Ages. You know the time where people built castles, lived in mud, plagues and err no lights. Well during this time science and development of technology was seen as witchcraft and they burned or drowned those who had a brain in their head. This set the world 600 years back with technology.

So really it could be a possibility we could have been living in the technology year of 2602.

So if we now presume we live in that year, our level of technology would have been the equivalent of 1402.

So this could have affected the way the world is now (including gaming, yay I found a link).

World War 2 would have lasted from 1339-1345.
Shakespeare could have had a PC to write his plays on.
The moon landing would have taken place in 1369
The X-Box and Gamecube would have been released in 1402.

Makes you think eh… of course most of that may be wrong as the Dark Ages were not long off that and you get the picture.

Do you think Che Guevara and Fidel Castro could be bothered starting the revolution in Cuba if they had a Playstation 356? Maybe Hitler decided to stay in and play Championship Manager than invade Poland. Who knows what could have happened.

So where would we be now with gaming? What do you see the world like in 2602? Maybe it is nothing, blown up by weapons millions of times powerful than a nuke. Maybe you see world peace. Maybe gaming was made illegal; maybe the world has turned into a gaming paradise.

I hope all you gaming monkeys are cursing at the Dark Ages, just think of what you lot could be up to (aye aye). In rooms full of ultimate gaming, no control pads, all thoughts. Maybe not games, different lives and things. Flying in real space, instead we’re talking on a primitive forum, which would have been abolished in 1420 for more advanced communication. In 600 years your children’s children etc will look back and laugh at you all arguing over such petty pieces of entertainment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.