GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YH QotD."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/02 at 11:16
Regular
Why do people say:

"It's the best thing since sliced bread!"?

Am I the only person who doesn't think that sliced bread is actually *that* great?

I never buy sliced bread. I prefer to cut my own slices off.

Why?

Because I prefer thicker slices for sandwiches, and thinner slices for toast.

Can I get this when I buy pre-sliced bread? Nope. Well, I could if I bought two loaves, but then they would go stale before I had chance to finish them.

Am I the only person that thinks like this?

Do I spend too much time worrying about my bread?

Thoughts?
Sun 11/03/12 at 20:38
Regular
Anyone fancy sharing a car / some company on the Whinlatter challenge ride, Sun 25th March? I fancy a go, not trying to blast around, more a good ride with endurance training. Entries close 18th March. Drop us a line soon this week if anyone interested.
Have a good week,
Brian H.
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:06
Regular
"You've upset me"
When I have my crisp sandwhiches, I use the Extra Thick Slices loaf of bread, when having toast, I use the standard. On Saturday's I have freshly cooked home-made bread... mmmm..
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:59
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
should be (smirk)
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
We always buy a few loaves of each. Well, mostly sliced really, but the freshly baked loaves taste much better.

Anyway, I better get bready to go out.

Very sorry about that extremely bad joke. Very sorry indeed. :D
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:55
The phrase actually comes from back when blokes didn't do any food preperation. A man making his own sandwich and cutting his own bread is a surprisingly new thing in the grand scheme of things.

Imagine you are the mother of a household, you have to prepare sandwich's for the whole family, on your own every lunch time of everyday. Occasionally you'll have people come over for lunch in addition to your own family members.

Perhaps you also helped run events at the parish hall, so you're making countless sandwiches every sunday.

Now tell me, how good is sliced bread?
Sat 02/02/02 at 15:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
$foo - The greatest thing since the Sony PlaySt--

I'll get my coat...

:)
Sat 02/02/02 at 14:15
Regular
Ah great, and the day I need you to do stuff too... :0)
Sat 02/02/02 at 12:10
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I'm all up for Sheepy's version ;)

Being a lazy git though, I do appreciate the usefulness of pre-sliced bread

That's all I can think of to say right now. I'm hunogver and my head hurts*

*feels like elephants are jumping on it.

And yes, I know elephants can't jump. Doesn't make them any worse at besketball though.

Where was I again?
Sat 02/02/02 at 12:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Agreed...

We shall now make the saying as follows:

" It's the best thing since the Manic Street Preachers "

:)
Sat 02/02/02 at 11:27
Regular
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
> The term about sliced bread, was originally created because back in the War, it
> was one of their only resources of food and therefore was something magnificent
> and life saving.

*Stops lying*

I don't have a clue.

Meh ...was a good try.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.