GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Page name"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/03/12 at 09:38
Regular
Hello all
Just a quick question
why does my Pest info page have the name

http://www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk/testsm.html
not

www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk/pest_info.html

?

cheers
Hugh
Mon 12/03/12 at 12:39
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Butch.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 12/03/12 at 11:01
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
You can change the page URL from within InstantPro - 'Page Settings' or 'Edit Page Name'.

This is the correct course of action. It seems that you didn't update the URL of an old test page (created by my colleague, based on the name of it) when renaming. Doing the above will fix that for you.

@Hmmm: That is currently being looked into.

Edit: Fixed.
Sun 11/03/12 at 15:31
Regular
Cant ever remember naming it that not sure why I would problem is it does link to all the different pest pages.

I will give it a mess about, as I think it would be far better named Pest_info for SEO reasons I think.

thanks people
as always on the ball
Sun 11/03/12 at 10:02
"Are you sure?"
I'm guessing it's either how you originally set things up (possibly without realising) or you've managed to change it at some point while looking at various settings - again possibly without realising.

You can change the page URL from within InstantPro - 'Page Settings' or 'Edit Page Name'.

Have a play on a new non-live page if you need to see how things work - in InstantPro 'page name' and the 'link name' are controlled in the earlier mentioned options.

NB. One consideration for you:
Unfortunately Google has indexed the 'testsm' URL. So your content will have to be re-indexed.

I've just noticed that there seems to be an issue with InstantPro's '404 Page Not Found' management at the moment.

If you try looking for a non-existing page, visitors see this error:
Warning: file_put_contents(/var/log/httpd/404.log) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/httpd/includes/usersite.sitebuilder.func on line 566

Hopefully a staffie will see this post and pick this up :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

EDIT: DL's posted while I was typing *again* :¬)
Sun 11/03/12 at 09:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning, Hugh ... presumably because during your site's development you named that particular file 'testsm' and uploaded it to your site folder where it has been ever since. You can always rename it, but are there any other pages that link to it?

'pest_info' returns

"Unfortunately, the page you are looking for cannot be found.
This may be because the page has been deleted or moved."

Does suggest that you refer to it as 'pest info' but somewhere along the way you forgot to rename it.
Sun 11/03/12 at 09:38
Regular
Hello all
Just a quick question
why does my Pest info page have the name

http://www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk/testsm.html
not

www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk/pest_info.html

?

cheers
Hugh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.