GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wwe wrestlemania x8"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'WWE Wrestlemania X8'.
Sat 04/01/03 at 20:03
Regular
i know i keep going on about this game but i think its great, the whole point of this is who do u think is the best superstar to use and why i think the rock is because he can get his special up the quikest (with me he can anyway, lol) he has all the special places u can fill with a CAW
which r rockbottom,ppls elbow,sharpshooter and the spine on the pine (peoples spinebuster) he also has the best combo for punching, he also has a few decent impresive moves as well as
Sun 05/01/03 at 18:54
Regular
i dont mean going for a title i mean going for the 51 titles that u can go 4
Sun 05/01/03 at 18:31
pumba wrote:
> i know this has nothing to do with this but what happens if u complete
> battle for the belts cos ive started it now im onto normal setting

You unlock someone..... depending on which title you have gone for
you can get Ric Flair and other hidden characters

I for one like this game... but their seems to be a lack of moves, once you get going

ah well

Sam41
Sun 05/01/03 at 15:57
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I don't like this game at all.

It's just so... boring!

The only good thing about it is the HIAC (which by the way blows Smackdown 4's away) but everything else about it sucks big time, there's not even a story mode and you can't go backstage.

Whassupwithdat?
Sun 05/01/03 at 14:37
Regular
i know this has nothing to do with this but what happens if u complete battle for the belts cos ive started it now im onto normal setting
Sun 05/01/03 at 00:01
Regular
Sorry I meant Publish. Thats whi I find it strange how the games they publish always end up to be mediocre. Some games they do work in development with the 3rd party developer but it was just me getting mixed up :) Its like Medal of Honour Frontline and Nightfire 007 have a very similar control system yet the enemies die in the same 'enthusiastic' ways. If you play them both you will see the similarities.
Sat 04/01/03 at 23:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's made by the same guys that did No Mercy on the N64 (in my opinion
> the best Wrestling game available)

For once, you got it absolutely spot on.
And Jakkz Pacific really do make the best games. Or was it ACSII? Who knows?
Sat 04/01/03 at 23:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
People make the games, EA just publish them...

With Red Alert 2 Westwood make the game and it's just published by EA!
Sat 04/01/03 at 23:03
Regular
Nice one, but why do EA have to be invloved? There is something about their games that I don't like. Thanks for the info I will go and check it out.
Sat 04/01/03 at 22:53
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I have read very poor reviews of this game but what is it like?

Supposedly rubbish.

Is
> there a story mode where you can play through real events?

There's a story mode but it's supposed to suck.

Are their
> TLC matches and Hell in a Cell?

Yup there are, Hell in a Cell is apparently the one highlight of a very dissapointing game.

You'd be better off ignoring this game and getting Def jam Vendetta, it's not coming out on Xbox as far as I know and beleive me this game is gonna be very, very special.

It's made by the same guys that did No Mercy on the N64 (in my opinion the best Wrestling game available) it doesn't have the WWE licence so instead it's gonna be an underground illegal fighting club type setup. The characters will be some Hip Hop stars off the Def Jam records label and then a load of made up characters. Don't let that put you off though it's gonna be sweet.

Check out the official site and watch some of the video clips, they look amazing.

http://www.ea.com/easportsbig/ (spaces) games/defjamvendetta/home.jsp
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:09
Regular
If you've already got the wrestleing game on the XBox there isn't much point getting the Gamecube one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.