GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Withsugar and Ant"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/02 at 23:16
Regular
This be a sequel to Ant's Quest for the Holy Sugar,sort of. Because I feel like it. It has very little similarity to Withnail and I.
Here's the link to the original - http:// ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?threadid=27700&forumid=419 (remove spaces)
--

Ant was bored. Plus all his sugar was missing. Again. This irked him. He looked up irked in the dictionary.

"Damn. I am irked."

He pulled on his coat and went out the door. Then his mum caught him and told him to go to bed, for it was almost 10.
--

Next morning, Ant got up. All his sugar was gone! He realised that the script was so poor that he had to repeat himself. Something had to be done. So he got up and went outside, looking for bold people to aid him in his new trip. He saw Grix out, walking his Sniper.

"Ho there Grix! I'm on a trip!"

"Me too!"

"No, a JOURNEY!"

"Oh, err..thats what I meant too!"

Ant looked suspiciously at Grix. The man was swaying a bit. And smiling too smugly.

"I've got another quest, Grix!"

"Not interested."

"Really?"

"Nah, only kidding. Whats the case?"

"My sugar's been stolen. I'm going to track it randomly to a remote and unspoilt English village."

"Capital idea."

So off they went, Grix speedily disposing of Sniper at Captain Meka's All Night Fish All You Can Eat For a Penny.

"Won't that get the animal rights people down on up like a ton of bricks?" sai Ant, nervously.

"Bricks don't bother me."

"Shut up."

"Okey day."

Off they went, on foot, until Grix remembered they had the Toyota left over from the last quest. So they went to AliBoy's garage. He still had it, in pristine order. Nah, only joking, he'd sold it pay for train fares.

"What can we do? We can't walk to this remote English village!" wailed Ant, like a pansy. So they hit him until he stopped moving, and went off to steal a car.

"So how do we steal this car?" asked Grix.

"We smash in window with this lead bar, as such. Then we yank out driver, as such." They threw the hapless midget into the road. "Then we drive off. GTA3 rules." said AliBoy in a conversational voice.

They ran down several people on the way to pick up Ant. They chucked him in the back and drove off. AliBoy tried to leave some rubber on the road, but he couldn't, as they had nicked a Volvo Estate. So he got out as scraped some rubber off the tyres and shoved it on the road. Nodding in satisfaction, he drove off.

After some while, they saw Stryke wandering down a country lane, yodelling quietly to himself.

"Shut up. You can't yodel." yelled Grix as they drove past.

"A notable you are, Grix. An expert on yodeling you are not." yelled back Stryke. This made Grix swing around and club Stryke with a yodeling stick that he had. Then he chucked Stryke in the back.

They proceeded without much ado to the quiet village of no name. Perhaps it was called M25 superstore. Let’s call it that for now. Ant, who had woken up with Stryke’s beard in his face. He was only just recovering.

“Ant, is this the place?”

“Buggered if I know. Let’s go in.”

They walked warily into the store, knowing it to be a trap.

“Didn’t we do this before?”

“Yeah, but it cost too much to build a new set. Look, there’s the tea lady from the old story.”

They waved to the tea lady and moved on.

--

Somewhere in the darkness, someone pressed Ctrl + V, a malicious smile dancing across their lips. Then someone prodded him, and he frowned.

--

“COME OUT TONY! I KNOW IT’S YOU!” yelled Ant.

“ Nah, actually. Tony was too high-budget.” Said a figure, jumping out from a bookcase. “BOO!”

“Sod off, Loki.”

“OK.”

They left a distraught Loki behind and delved further into the lair.

“Hang on a minute….All these games are the same! Someones engaged in a mass copy here!”

A deep booming laugh echoed around the corridors.

“Someone’s left the deep booming laugh machine on. Dwayne, turn it off!” yelled Loki from behind them.

“I told you to sod off.” Repeated Grix.

Loki sighed, and went to help the tea-lady.

They went through another door, and there…… A big machine stood, which the words AUTO-GAME COPIER MK2 on it.

“Err…do you think that’s it?” said Stryke.

They all looked at Stryke. He grinned. “Fancy a song? Or some of the finest weed in the Shire?”

“Shut up.”

“Right you are, squire.”

At the foot of the machine sat a scrawny youth, drearily pressed Ctrl + V.

“SHANEO?” yelled Ant.

“Some call me by that name.” Smirked Shaneo.

“What the others call you?”

“Err…Shaneo.” He looked embarrassed.

“FIGHT TO THE DEATH, SHANEO!” yelled a big furry figure, swinging out of the rafters.

“It’s Snuggly, obviously.” Remarked AliBoy. “Snuggly, there’s a newbie complaining about his review not winning GAD outside.”

“WHERE?! NO! The voices! Not again! Dr Santrona promised me…..THE VOICES!” Snuggly ran out, screaming.

AliBoy stepped forward, gefting his lead pipe.

“Who’s behind this, Shaneo? I’ll beat it out of you!”

“Ok, I’ll tell you.”

“I MEAN IT, I’LL BEAT IT OUT OF YOU!”

“AliBoy, he’s going to tell us.” Said Stryke, thumbing some Shire weed into a pipe and handing it to him.

“ Damn. Can I beat it out of him anyway?”

“Go right ahead.”

So AliBoy smashed Shaneo about a bit with his pipe. Then he lobbed him into the lake. There’s a lake, by the way. It’s big and blue and has fishes in it.

Someone stepped out from behind the machine. Everyone gasped, except AliBoy, who had to be nudged.

“ RastaBillySkank! I thought you were on my side!” gasped Ant.

“ The same.” Smirked RBS.

“So, you steal my sugar, and use it to power this machine, which you use to produce copied games! Fiendishly clever!” exclaimed Grix. AliBoy capered past, clearly enjoying the Shire weed.

“But I’m going to stop you!” yelled Ant, and brandished the lead pipe. AliBoy had no use for it, doing somersaults and all.

“OK.”

“What?”

“Well, it was dark down here and Shaneo’s a boring tart, to be honest. Let’s go. Here’s your sugar.”

“Oh. Ta very much.” Said Ant, a bit astonished. But for good measure he beat RBS to a pulp and lobbed him in the lake. Which was big and blue and it had fishes and Shaneo in it.

“Drink, lads?”

So they all retired to Sheepy’s bar, where they chatted to a guy named Mr. H. He got them all drunk and stole the sugar. But that’s another story.

Cheers,
Stryke.
Sat 02/02/02 at 21:11
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
LOL! I'm spliiting my sides with laughter :D! Somepone call a doctor!
*Falls of chair laughing.*
Someone call a doctor, I think I've got concusion. :D.
Sat 02/02/02 at 10:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hehe, most certainly a very fast-paced story there Stryke. :D

Very funny, well done.
Sat 02/02/02 at 01:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Another excellent story Gaz.

Keep them up and do more Ab's Diary : )
Fri 01/02/02 at 23:27
Regular
"Wasting away"

“SHANEO?” yelled Ant.

“FIGHT TO THE DEATH, SHANEO!” yelled a big furry figure, swinging out of the rafters.

“It’s Snuggly, obviously.” Remarked AliBoy. “Snuggly, there’s a newbie complaining about his review not winning GAD outside.”

Poetry.
Fri 01/02/02 at 23:16
Regular
This be a sequel to Ant's Quest for the Holy Sugar,sort of. Because I feel like it. It has very little similarity to Withnail and I.
Here's the link to the original - http:// ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?threadid=27700&forumid=419 (remove spaces)
--

Ant was bored. Plus all his sugar was missing. Again. This irked him. He looked up irked in the dictionary.

"Damn. I am irked."

He pulled on his coat and went out the door. Then his mum caught him and told him to go to bed, for it was almost 10.
--

Next morning, Ant got up. All his sugar was gone! He realised that the script was so poor that he had to repeat himself. Something had to be done. So he got up and went outside, looking for bold people to aid him in his new trip. He saw Grix out, walking his Sniper.

"Ho there Grix! I'm on a trip!"

"Me too!"

"No, a JOURNEY!"

"Oh, err..thats what I meant too!"

Ant looked suspiciously at Grix. The man was swaying a bit. And smiling too smugly.

"I've got another quest, Grix!"

"Not interested."

"Really?"

"Nah, only kidding. Whats the case?"

"My sugar's been stolen. I'm going to track it randomly to a remote and unspoilt English village."

"Capital idea."

So off they went, Grix speedily disposing of Sniper at Captain Meka's All Night Fish All You Can Eat For a Penny.

"Won't that get the animal rights people down on up like a ton of bricks?" sai Ant, nervously.

"Bricks don't bother me."

"Shut up."

"Okey day."

Off they went, on foot, until Grix remembered they had the Toyota left over from the last quest. So they went to AliBoy's garage. He still had it, in pristine order. Nah, only joking, he'd sold it pay for train fares.

"What can we do? We can't walk to this remote English village!" wailed Ant, like a pansy. So they hit him until he stopped moving, and went off to steal a car.

"So how do we steal this car?" asked Grix.

"We smash in window with this lead bar, as such. Then we yank out driver, as such." They threw the hapless midget into the road. "Then we drive off. GTA3 rules." said AliBoy in a conversational voice.

They ran down several people on the way to pick up Ant. They chucked him in the back and drove off. AliBoy tried to leave some rubber on the road, but he couldn't, as they had nicked a Volvo Estate. So he got out as scraped some rubber off the tyres and shoved it on the road. Nodding in satisfaction, he drove off.

After some while, they saw Stryke wandering down a country lane, yodelling quietly to himself.

"Shut up. You can't yodel." yelled Grix as they drove past.

"A notable you are, Grix. An expert on yodeling you are not." yelled back Stryke. This made Grix swing around and club Stryke with a yodeling stick that he had. Then he chucked Stryke in the back.

They proceeded without much ado to the quiet village of no name. Perhaps it was called M25 superstore. Let’s call it that for now. Ant, who had woken up with Stryke’s beard in his face. He was only just recovering.

“Ant, is this the place?”

“Buggered if I know. Let’s go in.”

They walked warily into the store, knowing it to be a trap.

“Didn’t we do this before?”

“Yeah, but it cost too much to build a new set. Look, there’s the tea lady from the old story.”

They waved to the tea lady and moved on.

--

Somewhere in the darkness, someone pressed Ctrl + V, a malicious smile dancing across their lips. Then someone prodded him, and he frowned.

--

“COME OUT TONY! I KNOW IT’S YOU!” yelled Ant.

“ Nah, actually. Tony was too high-budget.” Said a figure, jumping out from a bookcase. “BOO!”

“Sod off, Loki.”

“OK.”

They left a distraught Loki behind and delved further into the lair.

“Hang on a minute….All these games are the same! Someones engaged in a mass copy here!”

A deep booming laugh echoed around the corridors.

“Someone’s left the deep booming laugh machine on. Dwayne, turn it off!” yelled Loki from behind them.

“I told you to sod off.” Repeated Grix.

Loki sighed, and went to help the tea-lady.

They went through another door, and there…… A big machine stood, which the words AUTO-GAME COPIER MK2 on it.

“Err…do you think that’s it?” said Stryke.

They all looked at Stryke. He grinned. “Fancy a song? Or some of the finest weed in the Shire?”

“Shut up.”

“Right you are, squire.”

“SHANEO?” yelled Ant.

“WHERE?! NO! The voices! Not again! Dr Santrona promised me…..THE VOICES!” Snuggly ran out, screaming.

AliBoy stepped forward, gefting his lead pipe.

“Who’s behind this, Shaneo? I’ll beat it out of you!”

“Ok, I’ll tell you.”

“I MEAN IT, I’LL BEAT IT OUT OF YOU!”

“AliBoy, he’s going to tell us.” Said Stryke, thumbing some Shire weed into a pipe and handing it to him.

“ Damn. Can I beat it out of him anyway?”

“Go right ahead.”

So AliBoy smashed Shaneo about a bit with his pipe. Then he lobbed him into the lake. There’s a lake, by the way. It’s big and blue and has fishes in it.

Someone stepped out from behind the machine. Everyone gasped, except AliBoy, who had to be nudged.

“ RastaBillySkank! I thought you were on my side!” gasped Ant.

“ The same.” Smirked RBS.

“So, you steal my sugar, and use it to power this machine, which you use to produce copied games! Fiendishly clever!” exclaimed Grix. AliBoy capered past, clearly enjoying the Shire weed.

“But I’m going to stop you!” yelled Ant, and brandished the lead pipe. AliBoy had no use for it, doing somersaults and all.

“OK.”

“What?”

“Well, it was dark down here and Shaneo’s a boring tart, to be honest. Let’s go. Here’s your sugar.”

“Oh. Ta very much.” Said Ant, a bit astonished. But for good measure he beat RBS to a pulp and lobbed him in the lake. Which was big and blue and it had fishes and Shaneo in it.

“Drink, lads?”

So they all retired to Sheepy’s bar, where they chatted to a guy named Mr. H. He got them all drunk and stole the sugar. But that’s another story.

Cheers,
Stryke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.