GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Make us True Gameplayers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/02 at 22:02
Regular
It just came to me But what make us a true game player.
1>is it how we play
2>our skill and thinking power
3>how we buy games
4>our instinct about games
5>or everything around us
Sat 02/02/02 at 12:43
Regular
Even if the GameCube goes online, unless we can use currect ISP's with no extra charges for using whatever kind of network Nintendo will use, I wont be using the online facilities.

I probably wouldn't use them much anyway. It's more fun beating someone in the same room.
Sat 02/02/02 at 08:47
Regular
"DS..."
I think its a case of you either have amazing gameplaying abilities or you don't, and it could be as simple as that, I believe that I do have a great ability when it comes to games and i don't think i have ever lost a multiplayer game hardly ever, sometimes I wish I could challenge some of you guys then maybe i'd have a challenge because what is winning if it's not a challenge?
having said that it's still fun to pummel my brothers at perfect dark for the 100th time, but I do wish they were more of a challenge, maybe when the GC goes online I will be able to play against you guys, unless you live in cornwall that is... well do you? cos if you do I await your challenge!
slik ~_~
Sat 02/02/02 at 08:10
Skill has nothing to do with being a true game player. Many poeple play games because they injoy them. What makes the true game player is the joy of the kill, the challenge of the puzzles, or just to have something to do. True game players play just to play.If the true game player was based just on skill alone there probably wouldn't be that many true game players.
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:33
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
I think the natural gameplayer, is down to instant ability, for instance the talent to beat people that ahve been playign a games for six months the first time your play.

Skill can only be gauged by playign against other skilled gamers, only then does the challenge begin.
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:29
Regular
"699 days!"
Edgy wrote:
> Isn't it obvious?

The fact that we play games is what makes us 'True
> Gameplayers'!

If we didn't play games then we couldn't call ourselves
> gamesplayers.

I was just thinking that, actually...
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:13
Regular
Isn't it obvious?

The fact that we play games is what makes us 'True Gameplayers'!

If we didn't play games then we couldn't call ourselves gamesplayers.
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:02
It just came to me But what make us a true game player.
1>is it how we play
2>our skill and thinking power
3>how we buy games
4>our instinct about games
5>or everything around us

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.