GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why so Super"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/01/03 at 16:26
Regular
What was it about games on the Megadrive that made them so "Super". Think about it...off the top of my head there was:

Super Kick-Off
Super Tennis
Super Monaco GP

But even in the Megadrives heyday, these were hardly "Super" were they?

Call it harsh, but when games are called "Super" then should be blooming brilliant!!
Sun 05/01/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
What was it about games on the Megadrive that made them so "Super". Think about it...off the top of my head there was:

Super Kick-Off
Super Tennis
Super Monaco GP

But even in the Megadrives heyday, these were hardly "Super" were they?

Call it harsh, but when games are called "Super" then should be blooming brilliant!!
Sun 05/01/03 at 16:43
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Marshie wrote:
> What was it about games on the Megadrive that made them so
> "Super". Think about it...off the top of my head there
> was:
>
> Super Kick-Off
> Super Tennis
> Super Monaco GP
>
> But even in the Megadrives heyday, these were hardly "Super"
> were they?
>
> Call it harsh, but when games are called "Super" then should
> be blooming brilliant!!

There was a console called 'Super Nintendo' and that wasn't Brilliant. Its probley to warn people not to buy the game?
Sun 05/01/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Party Hard"
'Super' is still used today- Super smash bros. And, yes, you guessed it! It's definately not super!
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
And another thing...the Mega CD...that was also pants...it was the equivellent of sitting at home watching Emmerdale, in your rocking chair, with your blanket, pipe and slippers. Where as the Megadrive was like watching Baywatch, in a closed room - in your speedos!!
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Festivus!"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> There was a console called 'Super Nintendo' and that wasn't Brilliant.
> Its probley to warn people not to buy the game?

You. must. Die.
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:57
Regular
"The World is Dead"
The SNES was brilliant. how dare you. and super smash bros is a multiplayer laugh.

but yes most stuff with super in it's title are completley rubbish. It's a way of saying hey buy this game. It's to try and sell it on the title not the game.
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:21
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Not forgetting...

Super Hang On
Super Skidmarks
Super WrestleMania
Super Off-Road
Super Baseball

...etc.

However, if anyone tries to argue that Super Skidmarks was not in any way 'Super', I shall see to it that their genitalia is covered in meat paste, and dangled on front of hungry lions.
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:34
Regular
"The World is Dead"
How about super mario.
that was ok.
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:51
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I thought we were on Megadrive games?

Half of all the SNES games released had the 'Super' prefix. Then on the N64 they all had the '64' suffix.

Nintendo like to make sure people are aware of what console the games are on, don't they?
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:53
Regular
"The World is Dead"
Yeah sorry I forgot about the megadrive bit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.