GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PHP stopped functioning, mail forms"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/08/07 at 19:53
Regular
I have just found out that all of my PHP mail form stopped working. I can imagine it relates to freeola security UPDATE 26/06/07.

As instructed in that update I have ammended read write permission on all of my php files and on htdocs folder. However, they still do not work, has anyone got any ideas what to do?

Thanks,

Yaro
Mon 10/09/07 at 09:34
Regular
You are right Garin it wasnt full, tried not to bore you with all of it :-)

Thank you CJH ! You are absolutely right, for some reason that address always worked (since thats how the folder is named when you enter through FTP program). I just changed the link on HTM page and things look back to normal. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Yaro
Sat 08/09/07 at 13:59
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Hi Again Yaro,

I had a quick look at your included web address, and see that your web form points to http://www.premierhome.co.uk/cgi-shl/question.php which I think might be a problem, as cgi-shl should perhaps be cgi-bin, so it points to http://www.premierhome.co.uk/cgi-bin/question.php .

Garin is also correct that some extra code is missing, so it's difficult to pin-point the problem.
Sat 08/09/07 at 13:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
For one thing, that doesnt seem to be all of the code? To send the mail it calls a function called mail_it which is not declared anywhere in what you've posted.
Sat 08/09/07 at 08:43
Regular
Hello guys, well this is the situation. After the guidelines were issued I followed them and updated my custom scripts. But after the very last upgrade this is what happens:

When you try to submit information it says
HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

PHP script (question.php)

script removed, thanks everyone
Sun 19/08/07 at 19:25
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Hi Yaro,

Are you using your own coded PHP mail script, or the one Freeola provides?

If it's your own PHP script, you most likely need to add an additional parameter to the mail function. For example, if you currently have:

mail('[email protected]', 'subject', 'body', 'From: [email protected]');

... you'll need to add the bolded text below, so you get:

mail('[email protected]', 'subject', 'body', 'From: [email protected]', [B]'-f [email protected]'[/B]);

... where [email protected] is one of your Freeola listed email addresses.

If you're using Freeola's form to mail script, you'll need to ensure that the from hidden form field is set to one of your Freeola listed email addresses, such as:

<input type="hidden" name="from" value="[email protected]">
Fri 17/08/07 at 23:07
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The web server and PHP upgrades were completed about a month ago.
If your script sends out emails then you will need to ensure that in conforms to the sendmail guidelines as outline in the IMPORTANT INFORMATION section here.
If, after you have modified your scripts, you are still getting errors then just post them here and I will see if we can solve them for you.
Fri 17/08/07 at 19:53
Regular
I have just found out that all of my PHP mail form stopped working. I can imagine it relates to freeola security UPDATE 26/06/07.

As instructed in that update I have ammended read write permission on all of my php files and on htdocs folder. However, they still do not work, has anyone got any ideas what to do?

Thanks,

Yaro

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.