GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube SR Price"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/02 at 17:33
Regular
Special Reserve will be selling Game Cubes at £159.99.

There was speculation in the trade press that they could be as high as £179.99. The trade price has been set in Euro's not £Sterling and therefore prices could fluctuate in the UK.
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:03
Regular
Its not only SR that are doing the GC at £160, the GC is coming out at £150 in most shops.
Sun 03/02/02 at 14:59
£159.99 is not bad.

I was expecting the GC to sell at around £285; near to the £300 mark.

But it has no HDD, no DVD playback. There's only Broadband connection to the Net. Could this be the reason for its bargain price tag?

Whatever the reason may be...it's a great price for a Next Generation Console.
Sun 03/02/02 at 14:33
"penguins in hawaii?"
GC + 1 game =£189.98 (amazon.co.uk)

I pre-ordered my gamecube for SR in september, and im glad i did! but the amazon price is £10 cheaper, but i can afford that
still, we are still being ripped off compared to other countries!!!
Sun 03/02/02 at 14:12
Regular
I'very tight for cash at the moment.

I'm thinking of getting box and cube. But it looks as though I will initially only have enough money for X-box + 2 games and Gamecube with no games. Gamecube is still nice to look at though.

Got about £730 in the console fund account. Still a few GBA and PS2 games to get though.

I need an accountant to sort all this out...
Sun 03/02/02 at 14:07
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Tony wrote:
"No, that's wrong.

There's no point in having a GC without a GC game.

10 weeks."

I owned an N64 for two weeks without having a game for it. I refused to pay £60 in comet when SR were selling it for £50, but seeing as I didn't pre order, I was waiting for a couple of weeks for it to arrive. :(

Still, made it all the more exciting when it did arrive.
Sun 03/02/02 at 01:44
few questions tony. Do you have msn messenger icq or something like that? (daft question like but never mind) and have you thought about getting a club shop somewhere near liverpool or manchester???
Sun 03/02/02 at 01:42
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Orİega wrote:
> 8 Weeks.

No, that's wrong.

There's no point in having a GC without a GC game.

10 weeks.
Sun 03/02/02 at 01:41
2 months I would have to save through march hmmmm is it worth it???? hmmmm.
Sun 03/02/02 at 01:40
Tony wrote:
> I don't understand the question.

SR financial are a matter of public record
> (is that what you mean?)

My salary is private (is that what you mean?)

I
> make lots of trips to work and back.

I make the kid's their dinner
> sometimes.

I make the bed.

Ping

You Stay up late to talk to us insomniacs
Sun 03/02/02 at 01:40
Regular
8 Weeks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.