GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tough Choice. Help needed please people."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/02 at 14:34
Regular
Ok, I have to go to the cinema tonight.

But the cinema is crap, only two screens. They're showing Iris and Gosford Park. What do I go an watch?

I know Iris is a real chick flick, so I won't enjoy it, but I'll get extra brownie points with the missus.

I have heard nothing about Gosford Park, so I don't really want to go and watch it if it's utter rubbish.

Thoughts?

Cheers.
Fri 01/02/02 at 14:34
Regular
Ok, I have to go to the cinema tonight.

But the cinema is crap, only two screens. They're showing Iris and Gosford Park. What do I go an watch?

I know Iris is a real chick flick, so I won't enjoy it, but I'll get extra brownie points with the missus.

I have heard nothing about Gosford Park, so I don't really want to go and watch it if it's utter rubbish.

Thoughts?

Cheers.
Fri 01/02/02 at 14:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Iris is a worthy, dry biopic with Judi Dench as a woman with Alzheimers, you can guess the ending.
But Kate Winslett is naked at the start.

Not too sure about Gosford Park, but I do know I would rather feed my testicles to a pitbull that sit through Iris again
Fri 01/02/02 at 14:41
Regular
"not dead"
Is Gosford Park the movie that wom Best British Film at the BAFTA's, or if my memory crap?
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:25
Regular
If it's the one with Stephen Fry in, then I've heard good things about it, but I'm still not sure what it's about. I shall go and find out at the various film websites I have bookmarked. Won't be a tick.
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:30
Regular
Cineworld's synopsis:

Robert Altman, one of America’s most distinctive filmmakers, journeys to England for the first time to create a unique film mosaic with an outstanding ensemble cast.

It is November, 1932. Gosford Park is the magnificent country estate to which Sir William McCordle and his wife, Lady Sylvia, gather relations and friends for a weekend shooting party. They have invited an eclectic group including a countess, a World War I hero, the British matinee idol Ivor Novello and an American film producer who makes Charlie Chan movies. As the guests assemble in the gilded drawing rooms above, their personal maids and valets swell the ranks of the house servants in the teeming kitchens and corridors below-stairs.

But all is not as it seems: neither amongst the bejewelled guests lunching and dining at their enormous leisure, nor in the attic bedrooms and stark work stations where the servants labour for the comfort of their employers. Part comedy of manners and part mystery, the film is finally a moving portrait of events that bridge generations, class, sex, tragic personal history – and culminate in a murder. (Or is it two murders…?)

Ultimately revealing the intricate relations of the above and below-stairs worlds with great clarity, Gosford Park illuminates a society and way of life quickly coming to an end.

Hope it helps.
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:32
Gosford Park is one of thos period films, set about 100 years ago or summat. Its benn nominated for quite a few awards, but depends if you like that sort of thing - stuffy actors/actresses dressed up in costume.

I'd rather watch Iris, have a few books by Iris Murdoch and they are good reads. So I would like to see what went behind the facade.
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And Kate Winslett being naked has nothing to do with that eh?

I could actually feel my life draining whilst watching Iris.
An unusal experience.
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:39
I dont know how many times I have to tell you - Im not that kind.
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Maybe you just don't realise it?
Fri 01/02/02 at 16:01
Regular
Buy Battle Royale, stay in and watch that instead.

I'll come over and run around your room a few times and scream everynow and again if you really want it to be like a cinema.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.