GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enix to develop for Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/02 at 10:50
Regular
After many moons of "We'll see" comments, Enix have finally confirmed that they will develop for the Gamecube. They're in the process of deciding which titles should appear.

Good news for RPG fans, I'm sure.
Thu 07/02/02 at 13:21
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Unlucky not to have heard of Ogre Battle, as I said before it is worth downloading an emulator just to play it.
Mon 04/02/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Thanks Alex, I haven't heard of that first game, but I heard the second was quite good, even though it never came over here. So Enix's work could be something to look forward to...
Mon 04/02/02 at 12:53
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Enix are a small group of developers who don't release that many games in Europe.Examples of thier work include the sublime strategy game Ogre Battle for the SNES(worth getting an emulator just to play this) and DragonQuest.An N64 version of Ogre Battle was released but it didn't come out over here.
Mon 04/02/02 at 12:52
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Enix are a small group of developers who don't release that many games in Europe.Examples of thier work include the sublime strategy game Ogre Battle for the SNES(worth getting an emulator just to play this) and DragonQuest.An N64 version of Ogre Battle was released but it didn't come out over here.
Fri 01/02/02 at 17:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Sorry if i'm the only person but I don't have a clue who Enix are!! Can someone please give some examples of their work, just so I can have a slight idea of what they can do?? Thanks. And if they specialize in RPG's then it can only be good for Nintendo! But i'm sure it won't come anywhere near as good as Zelda!! Unless you compare the graphical appearence of course!
Fri 01/02/02 at 12:54
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Yes!Enix developing for gamecube. I reckon that it was a real shame that Ogre Battle 64 didn't come out in Europe, I was playing the snes version on my emulator and I have to say that it is one one of the best strategy/RPG's to ever come out.A gamecube version would bring a tear to my eye as I still play the snes version, in fact it is the only reason I ever use my 7year old pc.
A consumer's plead to Enix: Please release games in the UK, your game's are better than most other companies games, you are better than Square for God's sake when it comes to RPG's.
Fri 01/02/02 at 11:44
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
If Enix were to develop a DragonQuest game for the Gamecube, then I'd imagine it's sales would go through the roof since it's more of a popular franchise than Final Fantasy over there.
Fri 01/02/02 at 11:10
Regular
"not dead"
Bleeders wrote:
> Do you really think we'll see the results in Europe though?

Depends on how popular RPG's are in general in a couple of years time.

We did get a few Enix titles on the SNES here, but not enough.

In wouldn't do
> much harm for the Gamecube in it's native country though.

Certainly not. There's almost always a Dragon Warrior title in the Japanese top 30.
Fri 01/02/02 at 11:06
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Do you really think we'll see the results in Europe though?

In wouldn't do much harm for the Gamecube in it's native country though.
Fri 01/02/02 at 10:56
Regular
"I confused?"
Goody good good

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.