GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Call Of Duty 4 Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare'.
Sun 05/02/12 at 19:49
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Well there's a lot to say about this game the graphics are good the gameplay is fun and the sounds of the war going on right where your standing is amazing.I received this game AGES after it was released and started to play it thinking it would be a terrible game because it was old but actually I was very impressed.I loved the fact that you switched characters throughout the game and played their stories.Hunting down Al-Asad, Imran Zakaehav and his son was fun(not in the way you think) I mean having to play missions where silence was the key like the Chernobyl mission was great!.
the game starts off as you (soap mctavish) raiding a medium freighter in the middle of the ocean the game then progresses from there getting more fun and more difficult along the way.
Switching between characters was fun getting to play their part of the story and also experiencing new missions which I started to find hard.
On the other hand some people disagree saying that this game is terrible and has no main purpose which I think is silly it has a perfectly obvious purpose which is to find Imran Zakaehav and kill him
Show Spoiler
but people still say this game sucks because of its glitches and so many players who hack multiplayer which leads me on to explain the multiplayer experiences.
Multiplayer is fun (when people are not hacking it) there are good places to hide and snipe people and there also good places for other people to snipe you!.I started playing multiplayer straight after I completed single player (recommended) and I loved it the whole sense that on some maps it is down to run and gun and some its stay where you are and defend the fort in a sense.The weapon range and perks are well chosen they have a variety for people who like up close and personal and people who like to stay at a safe distance.
There is DLC (Downloadable Content) for multiplayer which gives you different maps to play on which is quite good I downloaded them using my MSP (Microsoft Points) and they are good maps large and and good hiding places.
There is also an arcade mode feature which allows you to play missions individually or the whole game using lives and points to see who can accumulate the most out of your friends or the whole world.You can check the leaderboards to see what rank you are which is a good feature for competitive gamers who like a challenge.Overall this game to me is great I would love to see what you think about it.
Thanks for reading.
Tue 07/02/12 at 10:31
Regular
"How Ironic"
Haha here's me hoping it would be a link to the N64 South Park game :-D
Mon 06/02/12 at 21:09
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah, you might have point there Chris. If the first of your mates decided not to buy the latest COD game that would probably start a chain reaction of people not bothering to buy it.

Actually playing through the single player campaign in MW3 has reminded me of something.
Mon 06/02/12 at 18:16
Regular
"How Ironic"
That always makes me laugh :'-) I don't think anyone would play CoD if none of their friends got it. Everyone seems to get it because everyone else does, which ultimately makes no sense! ;-D
Mon 06/02/12 at 15:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
MW3 is alright Chris but it's nothing you haven't seen before (still prefer Black Ops TBH). The single player campaign is a bit like the start of Team America , where they blow the crap out of the middle of Paris for no good reason (but done seriously!). You play as selection of military personnel most have which have silly nicknames and you annihilate anything that dares to cross your path by use of excessive force. Oh yeah and the story seldom seems to make any sense so you rarely have any idea exactly why you have set upon this path of destruction? The multiplayer is seriously flawed as well, some weapons are miles better than others and the map design unfortunately seems to favour camping. I have been in games when a member of our team gets a super UAV (or whatever the hell they are called?) up and none of the dots on it are moving. Most of my mates have got MW3 so I have played it far more than I thought I would TBH but if you are not a fan of the series then I doubt it's the game for you.
Mon 06/02/12 at 08:20
Regular
"How Ironic"
Yeh I'm one of those people pete. Apart from the various hackers that are on now, CoD4 has to be one of the biggest games ever released, certainly on the next gen consoles. By an absolute mile the best CoD game. WaW was ok, MW2 sucked, as does Black Ops. Haven't even tried the latest one. Think the biggest factor of CoD has to be online, and that's been killed off with all the recent releases.
Sun 05/02/12 at 21:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
COD4 is considered a modern classic these days and many feel it is still the best game in the series. The latest game in the COD series (MW3) is alright but seriously flawed in a few areas (unbalanced weapons and terrible map design plague the games multiplayer for a start). As for the single player campaign in that game you basically get to blow the living crap out of anything and anyone for the sheer hell of it, I'm currently about a third of the way through it and I've no idea what the hell the story is about? Sometimes making things bigger and more 'in your face' does not always make them better IMO. I think COD 4 got the balance between these mentioned factors pretty much spot on and it's online multiplayer (although sometimes rather laggy) has probably not been bettered in later games in the series.

PS think you may need to work on your spoiler technique mate :)
Sun 05/02/12 at 19:49
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Well there's a lot to say about this game the graphics are good the gameplay is fun and the sounds of the war going on right where your standing is amazing.I received this game AGES after it was released and started to play it thinking it would be a terrible game because it was old but actually I was very impressed.I loved the fact that you switched characters throughout the game and played their stories.Hunting down Al-Asad, Imran Zakaehav and his son was fun(not in the way you think) I mean having to play missions where silence was the key like the Chernobyl mission was great!.
the game starts off as you (soap mctavish) raiding a medium freighter in the middle of the ocean the game then progresses from there getting more fun and more difficult along the way.
Switching between characters was fun getting to play their part of the story and also experiencing new missions which I started to find hard.
On the other hand some people disagree saying that this game is terrible and has no main purpose which I think is silly it has a perfectly obvious purpose which is to find Imran Zakaehav and kill him
Show Spoiler
but people still say this game sucks because of its glitches and so many players who hack multiplayer which leads me on to explain the multiplayer experiences.
Multiplayer is fun (when people are not hacking it) there are good places to hide and snipe people and there also good places for other people to snipe you!.I started playing multiplayer straight after I completed single player (recommended) and I loved it the whole sense that on some maps it is down to run and gun and some its stay where you are and defend the fort in a sense.The weapon range and perks are well chosen they have a variety for people who like up close and personal and people who like to stay at a safe distance.
There is DLC (Downloadable Content) for multiplayer which gives you different maps to play on which is quite good I downloaded them using my MSP (Microsoft Points) and they are good maps large and and good hiding places.
There is also an arcade mode feature which allows you to play missions individually or the whole game using lives and points to see who can accumulate the most out of your friends or the whole world.You can check the leaderboards to see what rank you are which is a good feature for competitive gamers who like a challenge.Overall this game to me is great I would love to see what you think about it.
Thanks for reading.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.