GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The unofficial 'Official' Dropship Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/02 at 21:18
Regular
I had to start this thread because I couldn't find the 'Official Dropship' Thread. You know, when a great game comes out a thread is always started for it?

I figure noone got around to creating a Dropship one because they are still trying to work out the controls for the game. Maybe.

So...anyone got it yet who's willing to try to convince me to splash out £34.99 on getting my own copy? Or am I stuck with struggling with the demo?
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I had to start this thread because I couldn't find the 'Official Dropship' Thread. You know, when a great game comes out a thread is always started for it?

I figure noone got around to creating a Dropship one because they are still trying to work out the controls for the game. Maybe.

So...anyone got it yet who's willing to try to convince me to splash out £34.99 on getting my own copy? Or am I stuck with struggling with the demo?
Sat 02/02/02 at 14:20
Regular
I played the demo which is great, might buy it sometime.
Sat 02/02/02 at 14:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I bought this last week - damn good game :-) Theres plenty of controls but the training missions really help it all to sink in :-) If you look at the booklet you'll probably be thinking "how do I remember all this ??", but once you start the training missions its very good and you'll soon be using everything without getting confused
:-)

As for the game - its great ! Not a game for rookies though really cause it has quite a hard difficulty level - i.e your flying low level in a dropship through a very turny canyon on the first level !

Its challenging but at the same time I just can't get over how great it is being a craft this different :-)
I just love the way you hover and land the thing :-) And of course with all the different stuff to do it just really varies the game :-)

Good atmosphere to the game too - I recommend this to everyone :-) Except like I said the button bashing types that have an attention span of like 2 minutes ;-))
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:21
Regular
"Whatever!"
I may get it one day - First though I will get Ace Combat 4!!
Sun 03/02/02 at 13:48
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I'll be buying that on friday ! :-) I'll also be picking up State of Emergency and Wipeout Fusion. Mind you some are saying SOE has been delayed :-( Hope not.
Sun 03/02/02 at 14:40
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think SOE has been delayed till either the 15th or 22nd of this month!!
Sun 03/02/02 at 17:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hope not :-( Really want that game - guess I'll find out towards the end of the week for sure whats happening with it. Well if that ends up delayed they better still release Ace Combat 4, or I'll stamp my feet and really go into one John Cleese style !
Sat 04/02/12 at 07:39
Regular
We are going to give Rivington a bash on Sunday, meet at the usual place on the avenue up to the barn for a 9am start, weather will be cold with a bit of mist, we will decide on route in morning, cheers si

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.