GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Old skool classix ’94 (SNES)."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/02 at 20:28
Regular
With all the talk of Next-Gen consoles recently, I’ve started to look back. Back when games were simpler. Back to 1994 to take a look at some of the classic games of the generation. You may notice that there are only SNES games listed here. I’m not saying the SNES was the only console to have classic games, it’s just I’m more knowledgeable on the SNES than, say, the Mega-Drive.

Alfred Chicken (proved that chickens were, to that generation, what Monkeys are to ours!)

Donkey Kong Country (well, maybe that generation had a thing for Monkeys too!)

Eye of the Beholder (was converted from PC/Amiga .)

Goeman 2 (set you as thief, it did!)

Illusion of GIA (was known as ‘Illusion of Time’ in Europe…I think!)

J-League Excite Stage ’94 (was a predecessor to ISS…I think!)

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (was Geoman 1.)

Secret of Mana (was like Final Fantasy but better.)

Smash Tennis (THE best Tennis game ever!)

Stunt Race FX (was a racing game by Nintendo.)

Super Metroid (is being updated on the GameCube, but will it retain whatever it was that made it so special on the SNES?)

Ultima IV: The False Prophet (is part of the renowned Ultima series, so you know it’s got to be good!)

Wolfenstein (had every gamer that played it running around shouting random German words, Nein, Ya, Das Boot!)

There it is a short but sweet list of ‘94’s classic SNES games. Probably missed a few, I admit, but still, something to think about as you lot drool over Mpg’s of GameCube/X-Box games (or what ever Mpg’s you lot drool over). That’s all for now folks, back soon. uksgamer2002
Thu 31/01/02 at 20:28
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
With all the talk of Next-Gen consoles recently, I’ve started to look back. Back when games were simpler. Back to 1994 to take a look at some of the classic games of the generation. You may notice that there are only SNES games listed here. I’m not saying the SNES was the only console to have classic games, it’s just I’m more knowledgeable on the SNES than, say, the Mega-Drive.

Alfred Chicken (proved that chickens were, to that generation, what Monkeys are to ours!)

Donkey Kong Country (well, maybe that generation had a thing for Monkeys too!)

Eye of the Beholder (was converted from PC/Amiga .)

Goeman 2 (set you as thief, it did!)

Illusion of GIA (was known as ‘Illusion of Time’ in Europe…I think!)

J-League Excite Stage ’94 (was a predecessor to ISS…I think!)

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (was Geoman 1.)

Secret of Mana (was like Final Fantasy but better.)

Smash Tennis (THE best Tennis game ever!)

Stunt Race FX (was a racing game by Nintendo.)

Super Metroid (is being updated on the GameCube, but will it retain whatever it was that made it so special on the SNES?)

Ultima IV: The False Prophet (is part of the renowned Ultima series, so you know it’s got to be good!)

Wolfenstein (had every gamer that played it running around shouting random German words, Nein, Ya, Das Boot!)

There it is a short but sweet list of ‘94’s classic SNES games. Probably missed a few, I admit, but still, something to think about as you lot drool over Mpg’s of GameCube/X-Box games (or what ever Mpg’s you lot drool over). That’s all for now folks, back soon. uksgamer2002
Thu 31/01/02 at 22:49
Regular
Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country rule!

As for the GC version of Metroid, it's more or less ditched half of what made Metroid.
Expect it to be as relevent to the Snes version as DK64 was to Donkey Kong Country (yes, I do think that it'll be THAT messed up...)

Pity really. It was such a promising liscence...
Thu 31/01/02 at 23:43
Regular
Why do you think Strafex changing the genre to suit a new generation will mess it up? Id DK64 was more like Banjo i still would love it as another DK title, the swinging between branches was still there, the barrels, the mine cart races everything that made DK great but this time in a world rather than a linear adventure.

You missed Super Mario World and i will not forgive you for it.
Fri 01/02/02 at 09:43
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Super Mario World wasn't released in '94.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.