GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Problem - Please Help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/08/07 at 14:32
Regular
Hi guys. Been rather busy lately so havent had much time to visit freeola as regularly as I used to. Just having a few problems with my 360. Ok, here's the story...
My console one day got the 3 red lights of death, or whatever you want to call them. Quite easily solved by calling up microsoft and having it fixed for free the day before I went on holiday. Got it back via UPS a few days after my return to England. I turn it on....great, everything seems to be O.K until I discover that my wireless adapter no longer has the green light on (which means it has connected to your wireless router, or another wireless bridge) and instead shows the red light (which means it cannot find or cannot connect to a wireless network). Anyway, so I did a bit of research and went onto my Belkin wireless settings like some people had stated to seeing as this was the problem. Tried a couple of things however these did not work and resulted in me having to reinstall my internet on all three computers in the house. I also read somewhere that if you call up MS and tell them the problem, they ask for your gamertag and fix it just like that.... Anyway, Im really confused and dont know what the problem is. If anyone has a rough idea what I am actually talking about, and want to have a shot at helping me PLEASE feel free. Thanks again guys,

Nick
Fri 17/08/07 at 11:50
"possibly impossible"
Thought it might be something like security settings. Oh well, keep the new one wrapped up and you can sell it on ebay!
Fri 17/08/07 at 00:17
Regular
pb wrote:
> Difficult one. Could be lots of things.
>
> Have you fiddled with the 360 settings as well? If not, I
> suggest you try and change those first, then phone MS if that's
> no good.
>
> If your router is working on your PC, I'd say it's more likely
> the Xbox at fault...

Yeh thanks PB. Called MS and told them about my situation. They made me do a couple of useless things such as unplug my router and all wires from the 360 then to replug the adapter into another USB socket on the 360. None worked and so she simply said "Well send you a brand new, MS wireless adapter in no longer than 10 business days" FOR FREE! Not bad, considering 10 minutes later, I had a quick fiddle with the settings on the 360 and found out that it had a connection but needed our WEP internet key in order to work! Microsoft kicks ass at freebies..... Thanks again mate
Thu 16/08/07 at 17:12
"possibly impossible"
Difficult one. Could be lots of things.

Have you fiddled with the 360 settings as well? If not, I suggest you try and change those first, then phone MS if that's no good.

If your router is working on your PC, I'd say it's more likely the Xbox at fault...
Thu 16/08/07 at 14:32
Regular
Hi guys. Been rather busy lately so havent had much time to visit freeola as regularly as I used to. Just having a few problems with my 360. Ok, here's the story...
My console one day got the 3 red lights of death, or whatever you want to call them. Quite easily solved by calling up microsoft and having it fixed for free the day before I went on holiday. Got it back via UPS a few days after my return to England. I turn it on....great, everything seems to be O.K until I discover that my wireless adapter no longer has the green light on (which means it has connected to your wireless router, or another wireless bridge) and instead shows the red light (which means it cannot find or cannot connect to a wireless network). Anyway, so I did a bit of research and went onto my Belkin wireless settings like some people had stated to seeing as this was the problem. Tried a couple of things however these did not work and resulted in me having to reinstall my internet on all three computers in the house. I also read somewhere that if you call up MS and tell them the problem, they ask for your gamertag and fix it just like that.... Anyway, Im really confused and dont know what the problem is. If anyone has a rough idea what I am actually talking about, and want to have a shot at helping me PLEASE feel free. Thanks again guys,

Nick

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.