GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever noticed...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/02 at 17:21
Regular
Have you ever noticed that when a woman drinks a cup of tea, they always seem to leave about 2/3mm left at the bottom of the mug?? I have, and my mum does it all the time! It's even worse when she has her friends round, as they all seem to do it! I've asked other people about this, and they've said that they've noticed their mums do it too!!

Is this a conspiracy amongst English mothers??? Or do they just not finnish their tea as they're too busy talking! But still, I find my mum does it all the time, even when she's just been sat on her own watching telly!!

It also doesn't seem to have any effect if you tell them what they're doing, as they still carry on! I've told my mum loads of times, and so have my mates, but they all still seem to do it!

Have you noticed this with your mum?? I'm sure there must be some kind of explanation! Even if it's something that suddenly occurs to them once they're married and have had kids. Don't be alarmed, just tell them they've done and see what they have to say. I bet they don't have a clue as to why they did it, or that they even know they've done it!!

Thanks for reading - and sorry if you found this a pointless topic, in the wrong forum.
Thu 31/01/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Have you ever noticed that when a woman drinks a cup of tea, they always seem to leave about 2/3mm left at the bottom of the mug?? I have, and my mum does it all the time! It's even worse when she has her friends round, as they all seem to do it! I've asked other people about this, and they've said that they've noticed their mums do it too!!

Is this a conspiracy amongst English mothers??? Or do they just not finnish their tea as they're too busy talking! But still, I find my mum does it all the time, even when she's just been sat on her own watching telly!!

It also doesn't seem to have any effect if you tell them what they're doing, as they still carry on! I've told my mum loads of times, and so have my mates, but they all still seem to do it!

Have you noticed this with your mum?? I'm sure there must be some kind of explanation! Even if it's something that suddenly occurs to them once they're married and have had kids. Don't be alarmed, just tell them they've done and see what they have to say. I bet they don't have a clue as to why they did it, or that they even know they've done it!!

Thanks for reading - and sorry if you found this a pointless topic, in the wrong forum.
Thu 31/01/02 at 17:52
Argh ..i must be turning into a woman then, i do that.
But err...i do it because the tea gets cold, yeah thats a good excuse.
Thu 31/01/02 at 17:55
I've noticed this too!

I think its because the little bits out of the tea bag have escaped, and end up at the bottom of the mug and aren't very nice to swallow! Well I think this is why they do it.
And yes this is a pointless topic, but i suppose the question has to be asked!
Fri 01/02/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I asked my mum today why she did it (AGAIN!) and she said it's cuz of the biscuit left at the bottom. I don't get it?? Why would any tea be left, and I didn't see any biscuit! Surely the tea would just become absorbed by the biscuit anyway??
Fri 01/02/02 at 19:02
Regular
"That's right!"
Yep, my mum, my sister, every girl I know

I just had to pour the last few inches of tea down the sink after my sister left it on the table
Fri 01/02/02 at 21:41
yea my mum does it aswel it makes no sense!
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Hum, I dunno, I don't *Watch* my mum drink tea..

You strange people <|:o) (Party cuz I have footy match tomorrow!!)

And, No, I don't like/drink/want tea. Ok Punk?

Oh yea, and, today my I said to my french teacher, because he lost my book..

"Sir, you lost my book"

*In gay accent*

"Yess"

*Walks away*

I mean, WHAT THE HELL is going on here? In the lesson I also got sent out and I broke the door, but hey, he is totally messed up inside..
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:59
"High polygon count"
Maybe it's a genetic imprint on the female psyche, from back in the days when tea was loose and not in bags or granules - you left some in the cup so that you didn't get a mouthful of soggy tea leaves.

Anyway, far worse than that is when a woman has been drinking tea/coffee from a cup and they leave sloppy lipstick marks all around the top. Yeeeeuch.
Fri 01/02/02 at 23:05
Regular
"You've upset me"
I broke a school table the other day... in half... Bah, it got what was coming to it :-)

I hate my French teacher (he's actually Spanish) He's so sexist!

Girls: *Natter away*

Chris (me!): Oi, Si, you got a pen I can borrow?

Simon: Yeah, here ya go.

Mr Lopez: Chrees, Seemon, outside, NOW!

Me and Si: But... but...

Mr Lopez: OUTSIDE! I've tuld you nut tu taak in clussss!!!!

Girls: *Still nattering*

Goddamn him...
Sat 02/02/02 at 11:12
Is the same at my school, except my teachers a woman. Any way , we sit quite near the front, and talk a little bit, but it isn't exaclty loud. Then theres the girls who all sit in a massive group at the back messing about with make up etc.
Then theres the sad lot of boys at the back, who all want to be archaeologists, so they sit at the back shouting at each other, saying things like "Oh i'll be a better archaeologist than you" all lesson.
Then she realises no ones listening to her, except few of us a bit, she starts shouting , sends a few of us outside, and leaves rest inside, then starts moaning at us that we are the problem why everyone talks, and we are runing there education etc. We get detentions after school, and the rest of em are allowed to go, with out her saying a word to them .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.