GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lets get this forum back where it belongs!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/01/03 at 17:40
Regular
The 'game ideas' forum deserves a lot more posts than it is currently getting, and hopefully, this post will put it back on the map. all you have to do is say what your favourite game of the 16 bit era was and put a sentence why. That is all I want of you.

With your help (and a donation of £2 a month) we can give the greatest give anybody can give to a forum - life

We can take this forum to the top of the list. We can.
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:11
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yep, lets get it back to the top, but can we refer to it as the Retro forum?

It's just that 'Game ideas' forum triggers visions of unimaginative and sleep deprived twelve year olds telling each other how amazingly cool it would be if the film/tv show/board game/book they just watched/played/read was made into a video game.

I realise I'm exaggerating there. I doubt they'd read any books.
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:36
Regular
"I see you"
Mortal Kombat III

This was my all time favourite 16-bit game due to the fact it contained three characters named Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke. This was released the year i was going through the 'wow cyborgs are cool' phase. So as soon as i bought the game i was addicted and learnt every single move for my favourite characters. I use to just sit in my bedroom hours on end on my own battling it out against the computer charcters and this was the best time of my life.
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:50
Regular
"The World is Dead"
My Favourite game from the 16-bit era must of been HerZog Zwei. It's an RTS for the Mega-Drive. In which you can affect the tide of the battle because you take the role of a commander in a mechanized battle suit. It's got a brill AI.
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Festivus!"
It goes to the people who need it (i.e. My back pocket)
Sun 05/01/03 at 22:22
Regular
"I see you"
All fine and dandy my boy, but exactly where does this £2 go to?
Sun 05/01/03 at 17:42
Regular
"Festivus!"
Super Mario World

I have vivid memories of playing this when I was 6 - even though I'd completed it many times, it kept drawing me back, wanting me to perfect t. I loved it more than I've ever loved any inayimate object before, and doubt I ever will.

that's probably why this is my favourite game - Memory. maybe I'm wearing rose-tinted glasses. Maybe I have a bad memory and it wasn't a good game at all. all i remember is the great times I hasd with it.
Sun 05/01/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Festivus!"
The 'game ideas' forum deserves a lot more posts than it is currently getting, and hopefully, this post will put it back on the map. all you have to do is say what your favourite game of the 16 bit era was and put a sentence why. That is all I want of you.

With your help (and a donation of £2 a month) we can give the greatest give anybody can give to a forum - life

We can take this forum to the top of the list. We can.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.