GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You made it crap!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:25
Regular
Ok, loads of you were dissapointed by The Getaway. I thought it was superb, but no, according to most of you it was over-hyped trash. So whos fault was it! Yours you bleeding muppets! But why?

Well, when that screen was released, you know, the one with the Audi TT on? Everyone went mental over it, drooling everywhere. But even though that picture was rendered, did it really give a false impression about the game? Maybe suggested the graphics were better than they are but nothing else. So why is it we are getting people complaining about the game being unexpectidly linear. At what point did the developers say the game would give absoloute freedom? And the twitchy controls? I can't remember the developers promising smooth movement with a brilliant camera angle every second. So why are you all so dissapointed? Because you got the wrong impression. Your fault. Just because 'that screen' looked good doesn't mean the game is going to be perfect. It's not. However it is still one of the best games on PS2, but it appears rubbish to you because YOU expected more! The mrale? Ignore the hype and games will seem as good as they are.
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:25
Regular
"  "
Ok, loads of you were dissapointed by The Getaway. I thought it was superb, but no, according to most of you it was over-hyped trash. So whos fault was it! Yours you bleeding muppets! But why?

Well, when that screen was released, you know, the one with the Audi TT on? Everyone went mental over it, drooling everywhere. But even though that picture was rendered, did it really give a false impression about the game? Maybe suggested the graphics were better than they are but nothing else. So why is it we are getting people complaining about the game being unexpectidly linear. At what point did the developers say the game would give absoloute freedom? And the twitchy controls? I can't remember the developers promising smooth movement with a brilliant camera angle every second. So why are you all so dissapointed? Because you got the wrong impression. Your fault. Just because 'that screen' looked good doesn't mean the game is going to be perfect. It's not. However it is still one of the best games on PS2, but it appears rubbish to you because YOU expected more! The mrale? Ignore the hype and games will seem as good as they are.
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:27
Regular
"Notable"
I agree.

Only with it being superb though.

I think its to short and theres nothing to do in free roam mode.
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:31
Regular
I was pleased with The Getaway, although i was expecting it to last a little longer. I agree about your point with the hyping, when a game like The Getaway was hyped so much, everyone expected it to be a Vice City beater, but it wasn't and so people was disappointed. When games are excellant and not so hyped, i enjoy them more because im not expecting anything really special.

Still, a great game while it lasted.
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think The Getaway is great, and I even think it's better, if a little bit shorter than Vice City. That's the problem though, people won't look at the game and base it on the merits that it's a completely different game to VC, they'll be comparing the two games and expect it to be better.
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:36
Regular
and where was the silver Audi TT? it wasnt in the game at all :-(
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:40
Regular
"  "
KR wrote:
> and where was the silver Audi TT? it wasnt in the game at all :-(

Yeah, they replaced it by the Lexus whateveritis that looks samey. The one Collin's Boys drive.
Sun 05/01/03 at 23:14
"High polygon count"
I love The Getaway - it's been immense fun. It has its problems - worst thing being the camera. BUT - while the camera is 'quirky' (to put it politely!), it is at least consistent - and when you get used to it, it's not really a problem.
Sun 05/01/03 at 23:23
Regular
"Touched!"
I enjoy it more than GTA:VC, the hype really did hurt this game for some people, i got more than i expected, good game in my view!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.