GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fuel - Essex/Herts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/09/00 at 10:33
Regular
Still fairly hard round here to find fuel - unless you're willing to queue for an hour!
Fri 15/09/00 at 11:36
Start Hill Esso in Bishop Stortford (M11/A120 Roundabout) is only open for the emergency services and other important causes.
Fri 15/09/00 at 09:12
I don't think it's as bad as everybody is saying. Apparently deliveries will return to normal today (BP bloke said that on the news last night) which means we should have petrol back at the biggest stations soon, if not already. The only down side is you'll have to queue!

Petrol in Dunmow & Witham
Fri 15/09/00 at 08:04
Fuel Watch

Petrol Petrol Petrol

Petrol on sale at "Tesco's Brookfield Farm" Cheshunt, Herts 7.30am Friday 15th Sept (Ques were not long at this time and it was serving anyone. Good Luck.

Be neighbourly: If you know where you can get petrol, post it here with the time of day it was available and may be you can have done your good deed for the day.
Thu 14/09/00 at 20:00
Too late, they have now gave up. It'll be a while until the petrol and everything else that has been affected will go back to normal, but it means that we'll still have to go to school :( How dare tehy give up! Do they want us to have a good education? What is wrong with this country? We don't want to go to school!
Thu 14/09/00 at 18:11
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Its just an excuse for my dad to not take me to school!!!!!!

Don't give up protesters!!!!
Thu 14/09/00 at 11:15
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
It's about time we did something in this country other than complain into our cups of tea. Although it would soon have become a serious inconvenience, as long as the barricades cotinued to let out fuel for the emergency servces I would have been happy to support the protestors.

If Labour spokesmen are going to lecture us on the news in a patronising manner about us living in a democracy and due democratic process it would take an imbecile not to realise that when the overwhelming percentage of the population are opposed to the fuel price escalator something should be done. We do not live in a democracy - we live in a representative democracy and these are clearly very different things.

In short, let's be a little less passive and 'British' and stop treating our reticence as a virtue. Viva la revolution!
Thu 14/09/00 at 11:10
I filled up on Sunday so should be OK for some time. They are talking about it being 3 weeks before a return to normal. The local papers have however warned of insidents of people sythoning from tanks, so be on your guard
Thu 14/09/00 at 11:02
You can forget the situation getting back to normal for atleast another week I reckon, but then many people wont be too bothered because about half the population must have filled up on Sunday / Monday
Thu 14/09/00 at 10:58
I haven't had to do any queuing, as I haven't needed the petrol! Got me half a tank, which'll last me well into next week...

One thing seems stupid though. Lots of petrol stations have no fuel, so they close their entrances so nobody bothers going in mistakenly. But, they still have a large sign outside inviting you to come in to the shop (for food, newspapers, etc.). Err, duh! You won't let anyone park up - how can we? Idiots...
Thu 14/09/00 at 10:55
DJ Dan wrote:
> Still fairly hard round here to find fuel - unless you're
> willing to queue for an hour!

I only had to queue for about 35 minutes at a petrol station that had just received a delivery.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.