GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHAT!?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/01/02 at 20:38
Regular
I said is i-WHAT!? I said is it-WHAT!? Is-WHAT!? I said is it too-WHAT!? Is it too-WHAT!? Too-WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAT!? IS IT TOO OVER?!?!? WHAT!?!?!?!?!

Barely a promo goes by without it now. Lance Storm bitched about it on his website, and he's right. The lower card talent's promos are getting killed out there. WHAT!? was cool, but they've killed it.

*chants "YOU SUCK WHAT!?" along to Angle's music*
Sat 02/02/02 at 23:00
plus the WHAT!! catchphrase isn't helped by the idiots in the crowd who don't know the right spots to say WHAT!! they were getting it all wrong in the austin bit in the contract signing and then the one time Austin leaves them an opening to insert WHAT!! they stay quiet, damn fools WHAT!! i said they're stupid WHAT!!! i said they're idiots WHAT!!! i said they aren't clever WHAT!!!!

oh never mind
Sat 02/02/02 at 22:25
undertaker, jericho and storm need to shut the hell up and stop being little girls.
*waaaaaaa Mr McMahon, austins got a successful catchphrase and i haven't got anything, please make him stop so he can be as boring as us*

get a sense of humour and use a bit of initiative to think up a catchphrase of their own and stop whining
Sat 02/02/02 at 20:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Austin has got himself a WHAT? t-shirt which usually means that he will still use it for quite a while. Only long lasting catchphrases get themselves a t-shirt.
Sat 02/02/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Guess who..."
T-Devil wrote:
> Yeah, it will die soon, but it's the same as Perry Satern's catchphrase,
> "You're welcome". How many of you went to school or work saying
> "you're welcome"? Or enjoyed listening to Perry Satern
> saying,"elephants eat dog food because they have big ears, you're
> welcome"?? I did! So did you (probably, or for the sake of arguing).
> WHAT!??! is a phrase no one will forget for a long time, as Austin used it so
> many times! He repeted it time after time. Rock's saying's have been going for
> years. He doesn't say as much nowadays, but "Candy-a$#" and
> "Jabroni" are still in. Same goes to the "Austin 3:16 says I just
> whipped your a$#" saying. Let's see if What?? will stay around. If not, the
> question will be WHAT is Austin's next catchphrase gunna be and will it be crazy
> like "what??"????

Thanx for reading, I'm pretty chuffed with this
> post!

T-Devil, this is no post to be chuffed with. I can't reply to this. But I do go to work spraying water out of my mouth and claiming to be The Game!!
Sat 02/02/02 at 17:38
Regular
"That's right!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> markh wrote:
> It is funny (especially when it's reacted to, Steph and Kurt
> do it so well). But
> it's starting to get old, very, very quickly.

And
> the only way I can see it
> stopping , is to turn Stone Cold heel again, and
> that's not likely to happen, at
> least anytime soon.

So we're stuck
> with it for the time being. We can only
> hope that it just fades away, but
> while the WWF has Austin, Angle etc playing up
> to it, they can't
> complain.

It is a shame it's cutting into everyone else's
> promo's,
> though.

Mind you, for once I didn't hear it during Vince's dressing
>
> room rants.

Maybe the tide is turning, WHAT?!?!
I said maybe the tide
> is
> turning WHAT?!?!?!
I said maybe the tide is turning WHAT?!?!?!

etc,
> etc, ad
> infinitum...........

Can I say that in the earlier part of the
> post you made there that I agree about Angle reacting well. But while Angle
> wants this to be happening right now, some other superstars don't. Jericho and
> Taker, to name 2 guys, have expressed their feelings about it to the WWF and
> let's just say they are not happy.

You may be seeing the end of what. I mean,
> it's not as if Austin does it any more much does he?

Lance Storm voiced his concern too

You can tell they're cutting down on it, and in turn, so are the fans
Sat 02/02/02 at 16:57
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I have to admit when Austin uses it 'What' is funny when the audience uses it, it usually isn't. It was a stroke of genius for Austin nto invent it though.
Sat 02/02/02 at 00:15
Regular
Yeah, it will die soon, but it's the same as Perry Satern's catchphrase, "You're welcome". How many of you went to school or work saying "you're welcome"? Or enjoyed listening to Perry Satern saying,"elephants eat dog food because they have big ears, you're welcome"?? I did! So did you (probably, or for the sake of arguing). WHAT!??! is a phrase no one will forget for a long time, as Austin used it so many times! He repeted it time after time. Rock's saying's have been going for years. He doesn't say as much nowadays, but "Candy-a$#" and "Jabroni" are still in. Same goes to the "Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your a$#" saying. Let's see if What?? will stay around. If not, the question will be WHAT is Austin's next catchphrase gunna be and will it be crazy like "what??"????

Thanx for reading, I'm pretty chuffed with this post!
Fri 01/02/02 at 23:03
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
I think that the WHAT catchphase is great! Actually it can be a fun phase because it's funny when austin is giving an interview and he irritates Micheal Cole or when he is telling a story about Joe. Plus it can annoy your mate's because if they ask you a question you keep replying WHAT?

And thats the Bottom line WHAT? cos the Dark One said so!
Fri 01/02/02 at 21:41
Regular
"..."
What's the point in a wrestler complaining to the WWF about it?It's not like they can do anything to stop it. Bitter whingeing methinks...but that would be typical, particularly of the Undertaker...
Fri 01/02/02 at 17:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
markh wrote:
> It is funny (especially when it's reacted to, Steph and Kurt do it so well). But
> it's starting to get old, very, very quickly.

And the only way I can see it
> stopping , is to turn Stone Cold heel again, and that's not likely to happen, at
> least anytime soon.

So we're stuck with it for the time being. We can only
> hope that it just fades away, but while the WWF has Austin, Angle etc playing up
> to it, they can't complain.

It is a shame it's cutting into everyone else's
> promo's, though.

Mind you, for once I didn't hear it during Vince's dressing
> room rants.

Maybe the tide is turning, WHAT?!?!
I said maybe the tide is
> turning WHAT?!?!?!
I said maybe the tide is turning WHAT?!?!?!

etc, etc, ad
> infinitum...........

Can I say that in the earlier part of the post you made there that I agree about Angle reacting well. But while Angle wants this to be happening right now, some other superstars don't. Jericho and Taker, to name 2 guys, have expressed their feelings about it to the WWF and let's just say they are not happy.

You may be seeing the end of what. I mean, it's not as if Austin does it any more much does he?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.