GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rocky Balboa The Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/01/03 at 15:15
Regular
Anyone got this game?

It looks good and got good reviews, i'm after some opinions of it please people.

Also i know there's a demo of it on the current OPSM2. what's the demo like? 1 round or 1 fight or trainin? and has it got the cool "getting strong now" music on it?

CHeers guys and gals.
Thu 09/01/03 at 09:29
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Or†ega wrote:
> Oh, forget buying the game. Just rent it.
>
> I completed it on the hardest mode in less than 2 days.

How much time did it take? i heard the easy and medium setting were easy, but hard mode was very difficult.
Wed 08/01/03 at 17:21
Regular
Oh, forget buying the game. Just rent it.

I completed it on the hardest mode in less than 2 days.
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:01
Regular
Oh, and its the first game in a while thats actually got me knackered...

Some of the button bashing in Traning is mad...
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:57
Regular
I got it on the GameCube this morning. Only £20 from Toys'r'us :D

Quality game, although it'll probably get boring quickly. They've got every single boxer Rocky has played in the films...Well, apart from Hulk Hogen...

And yes, it has got the "getting strong now" music on it!
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:15
Regular
"Hmmm....."
They do, I have proof*!

*Watch 'Ready to Rumble'.
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Loving the tag line by the way Herc

:D
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Heh.

Also, on other boxing games the camera angle would put me off straight away but Rocky didnt. Plus, the characters a bulky and stuff and they get all bruised and beaten up and stuff.

Plus theres that nifty feature of having to train yourself on different aspects (eg. smacking that little ball attached to ceiling as fast as you can to make your speed better).

Might go play it now.
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Oh, Hercules! Your typical cheeky fella (get it...CHEEKY)

Anyway, to the point, I only managed to play this game on the GameCube and I heard that it wasn't that good. Nonsense! I enjoyed every minute of it. Loads of characters and rocky clips to be unlocked and as Hercules! said, it's probably the best boxing game I've played as well!
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, ive got the game. Its probably the best boxing game ive played... but that doesnt say much. Its fairly decent but can be quite easy and repetetive. I have to find out new stuff though.

Rent it.

Oh and, nice pair.
Mon 06/01/03 at 15:15
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Anyone got this game?

It looks good and got good reviews, i'm after some opinions of it please people.

Also i know there's a demo of it on the current OPSM2. what's the demo like? 1 round or 1 fight or trainin? and has it got the cool "getting strong now" music on it?

CHeers guys and gals.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.