GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Commentary Idea For The Next Pro Evo"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/01/02 at 20:00
Regular
after listening to the fanzone (it's commentary done by a fan of either side and often damn funny) while watching the peterborough vs newcastle match it hit me for what KCET can do for the commentary for Pro Evo 2 or whatever. get some fans to do the commentary. the things the 2 fans were coming out with during the match were hilarious and they also covered the match very well and actually showed emotion during the match. so get a load of fans to commentate on different games. take all the things they say and then put it all in the game and voila one great game with great commentary.

of course they can always just up the quality of the current commentators to the standard of the madden and NHL games.
Wed 30/01/02 at 20:00
after listening to the fanzone (it's commentary done by a fan of either side and often damn funny) while watching the peterborough vs newcastle match it hit me for what KCET can do for the commentary for Pro Evo 2 or whatever. get some fans to do the commentary. the things the 2 fans were coming out with during the match were hilarious and they also covered the match very well and actually showed emotion during the match. so get a load of fans to commentate on different games. take all the things they say and then put it all in the game and voila one great game with great commentary.

of course they can always just up the quality of the current commentators to the standard of the madden and NHL games.
Thu 31/01/02 at 11:56
The commentary really is laughable. I can't believe that I bought NHL 99 for the PSone three years ago, and the commentary in *that* pees on the Pro Evo commentary from a great height. What I find annoying is that you can't have the player name commentary without the main commentary on. As it's useful knowing who has the ball. It's just as well that the rest of the game is so good.

Talking of the Peterborough match, the commentary I listened to had the commentator taking the mick out of Steve Claridge's gambling debts. It sounded like he was going to deck him. I think we could have some abrasive commentary. Just get Alan Green in there moaning at everything, and it would be superb.
Thu 31/01/02 at 18:27
actually after listening to the commentators on fanzone at the chelsea vs leeds match the other day KCET gotta be careful who they pick to do the commentary. the two guys yesterday were so dull and boring nothing like the peterborough vs newcastle guys who were really funny.

it's a different kind of gravy really
Thu 31/01/02 at 18:54
Regular
Yes, but it would take sooo long doing commentry for each team that i dont think this idea is feasible.

Good idea though...

Hopefully they can put thier game on a DVD next time at least...
Thu 31/01/02 at 19:02
i didn't mean for every team just in general. we'll be here til 2100 getting that much commentary done
Thu 31/01/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
Pretty good idea!! Anything would be an improvment on the current commentary - It is rather appalling!!
Thu 31/01/02 at 19:38
the only thing worse about it than fifa
Fri 01/02/02 at 21:03
Regular
The Presentation before the game is about equal with Pro Evolution and Fifa 2002 but the commentry is great on Fifa as they tell you is actually on the ball.

I chose Pro Evolution over Fifa 2002 because i find Pro Evolutions game enginge more enjoyable. The Fifa's are getting a little repitive now.

Now when the World Cup is on this year we will see EA Sports bring out Fifa World Cup 2002, which will be so repitive from Euro 2000 i think.
Sun 03/02/02 at 12:18
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i say get prof steven hawking to do the commentary
Mon 04/02/02 at 10:02
LOL.

Considering how rubbish the commentary is at the moment, maybe Konami should just go for the two most inappropriate people available. Maybe Bernard Manning?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.